Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-13-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Xbox 360

It says on MSN today "Xbox 360 revealed", but as im in work I cant get onto game sites, and my home computer is knackered. Can someone post some info on this??
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

From today's Guardian:

"The chunky black original Xbox might not have been the most aesthetically pleasing thing to put in your front room, but with 20m sold worldwide, Microsoft's machine has truly earned a place in today's entertainment culture.
The new Xbox 360 is an altogether sexier beast. Its Stormtrooper-white visage (the colour is called "chill") and streamlined design give it a much more desirable and futuristic appearance.

The system's 20GB hard drive equals the storage of a typical iPod, and is removable so that you can take it to a friend's house. It has cable-free controllers, wireless internet, and can play music and DVDs, ready to become the hub of digital entertainment in the home.

The console also embraces the era of high-definition television, with all its games supporting greater resolutions and impressive levels of realism. The basketball players shooting hoops in one game show off the incredibly realistic graphics; the rendering of the skin and movement of the players makes it almost like watching a movie.
But it is the needs of the video gamer, whether casual player or addict, that are at the forefront of the 360's design.

The console is easy to personalise, from the ability to choose your own soundtrack when playing all games, to clip-on panels so you can change the look of the case.

The internet, too, will form a crucial part of the 360's future. When you switch on the machine, you are presented with a "dashboard" with options for home, media, games and everything you have downloaded. You can also see whether your friends are online.

Users will be able to take advantage of video and voice messaging, and buy content through an online marketplace. Microsoft is also dedicated to attracting more players to its Xbox Live broadband service by allowing gamers much more freedom in managing their friends lists, profiles and preferences.

While the first Xbox aimed at the core gaming market, the 360 looks to bring casual and family gamers into the ever-expanding Microsoft fold."

Here's a pic:

Last edited by JDH; 05-13-2005 at 06:56 AM.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
JM28Cardiff

Cheers. I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs after reading that!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #4
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
Cheers. I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs after reading that!
Yeah, sounds interesting doesn't it. I'm going to wait to hear more, and maybe wait a bit after release for the inevitable price drop. I'm a bit of a 'dip-in' gamer, more than a compulsive one. There's just not enough time in the day...
Old 05-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Yeah, sounds interesting doesn't it. I'm going to wait to hear more, and maybe wait a bit after release for the inevitable price drop. I'm a bit of a 'dip-in' gamer, more than a compulsive one. There's just not enough time in the day...
I paid full price on the day of release for the original xbox, and the speed with which they dropped the price on it was shocking-you expect the price to drop after a while, but I think they lopped £100 off after only a few months. With this new one, this high-def business sounds interesting, but I dont know much about that, whether thats taking off in the UK or not? Looks like i might need a new TV as well then!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks cool and Sounds great but I'll stick to my PS2...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #7
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
I paid full price on the day of release for the original xbox, and the speed with which they dropped the price on it was shocking-you expect the price to drop after a while, but I think they lopped £100 off after only a few months. With this new one, this high-def business sounds interesting, but I dont know much about that, whether thats taking off in the UK or not? Looks like i might need a new TV as well then!
Sky are introducing a high-def version of Sky+ next year I think. It's obviously the next big thing. But I'm pretty happy with standard digital definition, to be honest, so I don't know how well it will take off, especially if it's expensive; which, of course, it will be.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

My wife is getting me one for my birthday this fall. I told her if she doesn't, I'm buying it myself.

Can't wait for the newest version of dead or alive...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #9
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
My wife is getting me one for my birthday this fall. I told her if she doesn't, I'm buying it myself.

Can't wait for the newest version of dead or alive...
Look forward to your review, Sam.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Look forward to your review, Sam.
As soon as I get one, I'll let you guys know how it is. I got a couple of connections, so I will hopefully get one right away. I think MS is better than getting their product out than Sony anyway, so there won't be the same fiasco as when PS2's came out.

Besides, its for my damn birthday (end of October, xbox 360 is supposed to launch in Nov.). I got my wife that ipod photo for xmas ($600), she's GOTTA be right with the hook up...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote