Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #111
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm thinking it'll have to be a COH as the staff and cards look essential almost.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #112
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Wow. Simply wow. This looks great! I will be watching this one closely but already know I'm priced out. We all know about the pricing trends.

But is it better than the XM Gambit? The one that also comes with a COH? It remains to be seen what the Sideshow piece EX might come with but I wouldn't hold my breath. Simple answer is NO. They both look to be great pieces and until someone actually gets these both in hand for comparisons it's only personal preferences on the table.

I like them both!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #113
srttoz
Mephisto

Dammit I'm in love. SSC is just killing it lately with this X-Men line. The Sabes out of nowhere, then a killer Cable, now this? Pre-order when? I'd love to see what the EX is. Long haired head?

And I don't care if that jacket is fabric because it looks great (I don't think it is but I'm just saying if it was who cares because it looks quality).
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #114
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
this is what I see when I look at Gambit's legs

it's just a god awful pose IMO

Scroll your screen up until Gambit's torso is out of frame and just his lower half is viewable... now tell me he's not a ballerina
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #115
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'm thinking it'll have to be a COH as the staff and cards look essential almost.
I was thinking it might be a swap of having the staff in the forward hand and something like a single card ready to throw in the back hand. The way the pose is set up it looks like a throw could be possible in either direction. I think that might be pretty cool, but it will probably be something unexpected and nonsensical knowing Sideshow.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #116
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I also happen to think their Mystique looks nice (dumb pose) and Emma looks good too. They have come a long way and they aren't going for hyper-real like SS is.
Interesting...always saw XM as the more hyper-real/detailed of the two. I think this Gambit looks far more cartoonish than the XM. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Just never understood the dogmatic slavish adherence to some soulless company - competition and choice is a good thing, and you are free to buy from both (or neither). But to say 1 or the other sucks is just weird.
It is a bit odd. Don't really see the point in ----ting on another company's product...unless it makes you feel better about the one you're getting. I don't know...I think XM's is great and I think this one could be great, too. Two great Gambits...!
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #117
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

...and I can't see what folks see with XM's pose. I just can't...I think it looks great. shrug
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #118
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Damn I am so in love wit this new Gambit! If the jacket is sculpted I Would love that but I have a sneaking suspicion it is fabric because every other X person has fabric for cape/jacket. But I am going to believe in northern right now and hope its sculpted.

I have the OG and I am definitely getting this one to go with the rogue maquette. I am just worried how much space he will be taking up, because he is leaning forward. Ex on this I imagine is a CoH due to the neck seem (but that could just be for shipping purposes), but i wouldn't be surprised if the EX is the charged card (like the OG) and the switch-out is a hand holding an uncharged card. But it could be a small add on like juggs, colossus and cable.

On the topic of XM gambit, I think the SS one is better due to portrait, movement/balance, and I like the danger room with explosions base better too. that being said i dont think the XM version is horrible and I plan on owning all 3 Gambits (and all 3 rogues, once XM shows theirs)
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #119
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
I was thinking it might be a swap of having the staff in the forward hand and something like a single card ready to throw in the back hand. The way the pose is set up it looks like a throw could be possible in either direction. I think that might be pretty cool, but it will probably be something unexpected and nonsensical knowing Sideshow.
Now that would truly be an awesome EX and a great swithup!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #120
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
...and I can't see what folks see with XM's pose. I just can't...I think it looks great. shrug
That’s all that Matters my man is what you like
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote