Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #441
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Congratulations to all the winners, you guys got to have fun AND won cool prizes!

That was fun - Even though I only got two sets of answers in (and one of those was wrong )

Thanks greatly to DFury, Danny and all the Mods for taking their time in putting this together, and a huge thank you to Clay and Shelley as well!

Hopefully there will be another, and I will win

I didn't get my answers in for this last question - I got 4 wrong That doesn't bode well for next time...
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #442
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Yeah 1 Thanks to Dfury and all the Mods for doing this!

This is why Statueforum Rocks!!!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #443
Zer0
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
My gun whispered the answers to me, don't tell anybody...
Cheater! I call a do over!

Quote:
If you, Jen and Ryche hadn't missed a couple of days along the way then things would have been even closer I imagine. Lucky for me I only missed I think one day overall, despite some net trouble (a couple of times when the thread wasn't unlocked for ages after a new question was posted really saved my bacon... ), which I imagine helped tremendously. Getting the bonus bust question and extra points there didn't hurt either...
That was pretty much the game changer, right there. It was always close, though, so I think we knew that at any given point, it was anyone's win.

In any case, like we talked about before, it wasn't about the prizes, or anything to that effect. It was always just about playing the game, which means at its core, it was about the fun... and fun we had, wouldn't you say?

Momentary frustration and fun.

Which everyone knows is the chocolate and peanut butter of entertainment, right?

Anyhow...

I'd definitely like to thank all the people that made this an enjoyable competition. It was nothing at its root, if not a genuinely good time.

First and foremost, I'd like to say thank you to the mods for organizing the whole situation, particularly DFury who seems to have kept the whole thing in line and babysat the trivia thread as it went along.

Some of those questions were extremely difficult. I'm not sure I've worked my brain that hard in quite a while (probably since I gave up trying to figure out the opposite sex). My favorite question, by far, was probably the grammar/punctuation problem, I think, but I had a couple of others I liked a lot too, such as the one about sculptures.

And then equally as much, I'd like to thank the other competitors for participating and keeping it such a close contest. There were quite a few times throughout where it was very difficult to tell where the whole thing was going. If the questions were difficult, it was even MORE difficult keeping up with the other people answering them.

Of course, probably the reason I had the most fun was SledgeHammer!, who was every bit a worthy adversary. At any point, I could see either of us grabbing first place and that made me want to try even harder. Also, I had fun communicating back and forth about the various subjects that came up because of the questions.

You know, if I had guessed "Italy" for the Clay engagement question, like I mentioned I might, we'd be tied right now. Good thing I didn't, though... imagine how many heads would have exploded when they tried to adjust the rules to fit that conundrum.

In any case, this was probably the best time I've had on StatueForum, to date. When the mods decide to throw a contest, they really throw a contest.

[EDIT:] And, of course a huge thank you to Clay and Shelley for donating the prizes. Considering the amount of prizes that were up for grabs, I'm surprised you all have any inventory left in stock.

The only thing better than getting a very cool Moore statue is winning one, after fighting tooth and nail for it.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #444
Zer0
New Republic

Looks like I pretty much missed the boat on the post-contest party, huh?

Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #445
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great post Zer0, I agree with everything you said whole heartedly. Well except for the do-over bit...

Yeah, it's been a blast, the competition, the challenges laid down, and probably most of all the back and forth with other players.

Only problem now is actually having to go back to the really real world and catch up on the rest of the work stuff I need to get done, because, you know, that wasn't nearly as important as the trivia...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #446
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I had the answers pre-printed for the mods since I was going to be in Philly but then moved the order around so "C" was the correct answer. My bad on that.

Some of the questions were either hard or you could only know them if someone told you. Point was more to get all involved and give all a shot to get something. Best score will still get an Ick bust.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #447
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

well i found out today where caro is from. i knew i should added her to my myspace a long time ago. doh~!
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #448
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So who got the highest score on the last day's questions? Was it VR?
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #449
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool Last Day's Question Prize!

Quote:
So who got the highest score on the last day's questions? Was it VR?
Yes it was!!!

I would like to thank D-Rod and the Mods that came up with the game and for allowing all of us to participate.

It was a lot of fun and I look forward to more of them in the future.

And I think your purpose behind the game worked well. I am now more up to date on Moore Studios and more educated on how great a sculptor he is and how great a company he runs!

Well done SF & Comicstatues!

I received my ICK bust in the mailed as promised by D-Rod and I am psyched to put it on my desk in my office!

So thanks again! Here is the first pic. Just walked in the door. (Sorry its a torso) It just dragged itself in the door!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #450
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

good job Vin!

Let's hope there will be another contest soon!!
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote