Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #11
yogamite
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Okay...I'm about 90 hours into this game. According to the menu stats i'm at 52% completion...not including the dlc.

I have been enjoying it for the most part. The visuals are very nice. I'm finding myself stopping and just watching things on numerous occasions. I really like Aloy's character design and so far Ashley Burch has been doing a great job with the voice acting.

The controls...mainly when using the weapons has been nice and tight for me. Really enjoying the various types of ammo types and finding robot weaknesses.

However there are a bunch of issues that I am running into. The first issue is the bugs. This one time a goose glitched out and got stuck in the flying animation. It was flying..but wasn't going anywhere. Then when I looked in a different direction...about 15 geese popped up all glitched out in that flying animation. Haha. It was nuts. I really need to go through my video archive and find that part. Make a gif or something.

Other glitches are ruining the experience. For example on numerous occasions bad guys were able to spot me through walls. This completely ruined my stealth runs through camps.

Also there were numerous times when they would go into the alarm state for no reason...and just never go back to normal.

I also ran into an invincible machine.

Lastly is the animation jankiness. I'm not talking Bethesda levels of jankiness...but still pretty high.

This game also appears to suffer from the FarCry syndrome. It borrows some much that its blatant.

But I do have to give it up since they did take a chance with a new IP. I'm really tired of all the sequels...remakes and remasters that are prevalent in gaming these days.

Not sure if I will try to complete this game 100%. But I am enjoying the huge map and just exploring all the different environments.

I'll check back in after I complete it...
yogamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #12
Y3E
Gen 13

I love this game. I just finished Frozen Wild dlc.

Are you playing this game on the PS4 Pro, yogamite? I am and I don't recall having any issues with slowdown, freezing animation or jagginess.

You have to finish the game just to find out what happened.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #13
yogamite

What's up Y3E?

Nope...I'm playing on a regular PS4. I haven't experienced any issues with slowdown, freezing or jagginess. Only issues so far is what I stated in my previous post.

Oh...I'm definitely going to finish the game. Very curious to find out what happened. Exploring the claudrons really has my mind wondering...

I'm just not sure I will try for 100% completion (collecting everything and going for the platinum trophy)

Thanks for providing your feedback on the game.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #14
Y3E
Gen 13

Those cauldrons stages drove me nuts at time as it had me running in circles trying to get out

I don't have any platinum trophies, no patience to complete everything

Sorry, didn't notice any frozen birds in the air
Old 06-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #15
Augen
The Hulk

This was one of top games of 2017, I even have a couple smaller Alloy statues as love the character.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #16
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
This was one of top games of 2017, I even have a couple smaller Alloy statues as love the character.
I tried to get the statue that came separately from the collector's edition and bought one on eBay but after 60 days I don't think I will be getting it and the seller is no longer a registered user.

The statue that came from the collector's edition is stupid crazy in price now.

So, I just bought a bunch of steelbooks and slipcase
Old 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I tried to get the statue that came separately from the collector's edition and bought one on eBay but after 60 days I don't think I will be getting it and the seller is no longer a registered user.

The statue that came from the collector's edition is stupid crazy in price now.

So, I just bought a bunch of steelbooks and slipcase
I got the collector's edition with the statue. It's nice, but I would like a higher quality one someday.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #18
yogamite

Here is a gif I just made of that Goose glitch I was talking about.

Sorry, I had to make the gif short and also compress the heck out of it.

If anyone is interested in the entire video, I can link the twitch highlight.

This only shows 3 of the glitched geese...Id say there were around 20 at one point...
Old 06-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #19
yogamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I got the collector's edition with the statue. It's nice, but I would like a higher quality one someday.
Cool. Yeah...I really like Aloy's character design. Maybe one day a company will release a 1/4th statue of her...
Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #20
Augen
The Hulk

I experienced few to no glitches, especially compared to other open world games like Elder Scrolls or Assassins Creed.