Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #111
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

The Tsume headsculpts dont look so good, especially the derpy. Its great if you want a monster statue though- the monster is the first thing you see when you look at the piece. He’s got the greater presence of the two.

I’m tempted to get some of that sand stucco stuff from HD and work it into the cracks of the base. Might be a fun project.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #112
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I say ont he review but that back hand with the closed fist is crying out for a shopping back filled with groceries in it to be displayed with the derp head on this lol.

I need to sew a little shopping bag or something for it.

I think once Genos comes the 2 together will look even better.

But i'm wondering....if XM Studios do ever reveal there's will smoke them all.....but time will tell.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #113
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Yeah the shopping bag would be awesome. I thought too late or I wouldve suggested- would have been awesome too to have a rear switchout arm with a fly swatter. Since the arm is fixed the grocery bag is definately the easier of the two to rig. Might be able to make it look like the handle is in his fist...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #114
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

+1 on the shopping bag :P
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #115
Huarbolo
Frackin!

same for this one too, 2 years without Genos
Huarbolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #116
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huarbolo View Post
same for this one too, 2 years without Genos
No way in hell they are making Genos or Jin now...if they did i'd be absolutely amazed....and it's one of the things that's frustrated me with F4F over the years....they're lack of commitment to certain lines.

IT's especially frustrating with OPM.

First off Saitama was the first anime statue F4F had made.

Second he was sold in the antiquated order system they used to do where they put the statue up for PO for 2 weeks and after those 2 weeks they close orders not matter how many they have sold.

So Saitama only did ok numbers...and lets face it F4F still have issues making an impact with there pieces ( which baffles me ) in the industry now and they made very little impact back then...

But those of us who did order Day 1 did so for a number of reason but mainly because they promised at the time that Genos was near completion and Sonic and Mumen rider were well into 3D (they even showed renders) and they were committed to the line.

Same thing with Jin and Samurai Champloo, Mugen only did ok numbers so they didn't bother with Jin.

It's was a really frustrating thing with F4F which is a better now as they are more established and they're ordering system is better, the numbering system is gone etc

But man i wish they would go back and say "Hey we're a lot better at this now lets go back and revisit these licenses"

Hell i'd even take another Saitama at this point.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #117
Huarbolo
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
No way in hell they are making Genos or Jin now...if they did i'd be absolutely amazed....and it's one of the things that's frustrated me with F4F over the years....they're lack of commitment to certain lines.

IT's especially frustrating with OPM.

First off Saitama was the first anime statue F4F had made.

Second he was sold in the antiquated order system they used to do where they put the statue up for PO for 2 weeks and after those 2 weeks they close orders not matter how many they have sold.

So Saitama only did ok numbers...and lets face it F4F still have issues making an impact with there pieces ( which baffles me ) in the industry now and they made very little impact back then...

But those of us who did order Day 1 did so for a number of reason but mainly because they promised at the time that Genos was near completion and Sonic and Mumen rider were well into 3D (they even showed renders) and they were committed to the line.

Same thing with Jin and Samurai Champloo, Mugen only did ok numbers so they didn't bother with Jin.

It's was a really frustrating thing with F4F which is a better now as they are more established and they're ordering system is better, the numbering system is gone etc

But man i wish they would go back and say "Hey we're a lot better at this now lets go back and revisit these licenses"

Hell i'd even take another Saitama at this point.
indeed, where have the times gone. a shame really, though at the very least things are looking up for Kamina. i think the last time we heard anything from Genos was last year, that they were looking back into it
Old 04-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #118
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huarbolo View Post
indeed, where have the times gone. a shame really, though at the very least things are looking up for Kamina. i think the last time we heard anything from Genos was last year, that they were looking back into it
At this point they have so many licenses, literally 100s of projects in the works...

They are teasing Morrigan and Dante which have been in development for at least 3 years...so maybe there is some hope.

I think a 1/4 Genos at this point in time and to be able to offer a more expensive crazy base DE version...it could be great.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #119
Huarbolo
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
At this point they have so many licenses, literally 100s of projects in the works...

They are teasing Morrigan and Dante which have been in development for at least 3 years...so maybe there is some hope.

I think a 1/4 Genos at this point in time and to be able to offer a more expensive crazy base DE version...it could be great.
i have hope, i mean, they released Reala!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #120
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

For anime I would really a lot more on Tsume than F4F honestly.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote