Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 06-07-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Poison Ivy "Green With Envy" PF by Sideshow Collectibles

Poison Ivy “Green With Envy” Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles
Designed by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Kris Anka, Dylan Forman and Zane Yarbrough.
Sculpted by Mark Newman.
Painted by Kat Sapene.
Stands at 21” high.
ES at 2500 – waitlisted on Sideshow’s website.
RRP: $350 USD.

"You know you can't resist me. No man can..."

Intro.
The alluring Poison Ivy gets her second turn from Sideshow Collectibles, in the form of a “Green With Envy” variant. Ivy remains mostly the same, with some slight variations. First and perhaps most obvious, her flesh skin tone has been changed to a cool green, mimicking her look for classic books from pre-New 52 such as Gotham City Sirens and Batman: Hush, as well as the ever popular Batman: Arkham video games. The other change in this piece is the plants around her. The original had red “man-eaters”, while this one has poisonous purple plants.

Sculpt 9.5.
Maaaaan, Mark Newman sure knows how to sculpt a lady. Not only is Ivy absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, but the intricacies in her body movement, proportions and anatomy is remarkable.
The texture in her leafy outfit is also nicely detailed, but the real standout is the hair – it’s impressively detailed and coupled with the paintjob, it’s really gorgeous. The plants are also really awesome and the winding vines around her legs are a nice touch.
I will admit the breasts are unrealistically big, but I guess it’s comic thing, right?

Paint 9.0.
There are a lot of QC issues plaguing Sideshow’s reputation at the moment. There’s that little hesitation when opening a box, worrying that it could turn out to be a disaster. I can say with confidence that Poison Ivy was a real pleasure to open.
The green skin tone is really nice, as is the deeper greens in her outfit.
Once again, Ivy’s crimson hair is really gorgeous. The colours are incredibly vibrant and there’s no slop or overlapping in the hands/hair etc.
In fact, there’s no overlapping anywhere. The paintwork is really sharp and clean. Sideshow really knocked it out of the park with this piece.

Design 8.5.
Artgerm did a fantastic job with his original artwork for Ivy. Anyone who bought the Sideshow Art Print can attest to how incredible the design was.
The Sideshow team did a really fantastic job capturing Ivy’s beauty, as well as adding a lot of detail in things like the base, the plants and her leafy outfit.
Ivy’s face isn’t as seductive as in the original design, and it would have been nice to see some more leaves in her hair, again, like the original design.

Production and Build Quality 9.0.
There’s nothing I can really complain about the way Ivy turned out. No quality issues, well built and securely packaged in a gorgeous art box, this Ivy turned out great.
I guess if I HAD to mention something, I’d say I’d prefer magnets instead of pegs for the plants, but that’s more of a personal preference – these pegs are all very secure so it’s not even worth complaining about.

Overall 9.0.
Ivy “Green With Envy” is one of those statues that reinvigorate your love for statues. This piece is truly an art piece, and reminded me why I love collecting statues in the first place.
I always know I’ve got a real gem when I’m actively LOOKING for cons in a piece just so I don’t sound to biased.

I know the original Ivy came out first, but for me this Green variant nicely rounded off the Gotham City Sirens. Whether you’re a fan of variants or not, it’s hard not to admit that this Ivy is a gorgeous addition to Sideshow’s growing catalogue. All in all, I’m incredibly happy with the way this piece turned out.

Over to you now, thoughts on this piece? Do you prefer it over the original skin tone, or is the green a little too much for your taste? And as always, thanks for reading another StatueForum review!

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:32 AM   #2
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Group shots:

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I always enjoy your reviews. Thanks once again!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:36 AM   #4
strife87
Spider-Ham

Think I prefer the plants on the green with envy base, but I'm still turn between which skin shading I like more. Nice review, was very informative, as I was looking into purchasing one of these. Look forward to more.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I love the review Dahwaf; keep up the good work!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Boobies!!!!

Great review, bud!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #7
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Such a beautiful statue. Gotham Sirens as a set is hard to beat.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote