Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 09-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #51
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I think the option is to dremel out the "connecting" pieces and then repaint. Which I probably will do if my head comes messed up.
If you are going to do that marker I would be damn careful not to punch or chip the teeth back into the hole in the neck. The other option is if guys start making a new set of solid dentures for this head is to punch out the teeth and use those... Not a preferred option mind you.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #52
risingstar
Jedi Order

Now that most people have received their PFs, it would seem the issue isn't a question of whether or not there are heads with or without visible seams. It seems it's more a question of determining how much of a size difference in gaps will there be between PFs. The Kirby replacement I received had a more noticeable gap than the one I originally received yet the modern head replacement fit better. Alas, the teeth on the modern still featured splotchy paints.

So what now? Well, I just pick the heads I like the most and destroy the other two or wait for SS to send me a return label. In the end, on the positive, I feel better knowing that the gap and teeth issues will likely be found throughout the run as this appears to be a production issue. It's not a huge deal as overall, this is still an amazing statue.

Note to Sideshow: In the future, when considering switch-out portraits, if it looks there will be a gap issue, please consider just using one portrait. Also, in 2015, I think the messy paints on the teeth could have been avoided.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #53
built2shred
Phoenix

Great review as always risingstar....

I think sometimes statue companies get carried away with switch outs, adding them when they really don't need to, IMO if you can completely hide the seam then switch outs are fine but if you can't then don't do it.

Sometimes we just want a statue and not a Mr. Potato head.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote