Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-10-2020, 07:41 AM   #521
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

XM Studio’s Scarlet Witch

Some of out the box snap-shots. Shot using a basic 7.2 pixel camera under room lighting.

Scarlet Witch from XM Studio’s arrived on my doorstep today. It has been a while since I last
received a ¼ scale statue. The box is large and heavy too! Scarlet Witch represents my 2nd XM
piece, the other being Ms Marvel. The smell when opening the box is hyper toxic. It is probably
the most toxic smelling statue I have unboxed to date.

Scarlet Witch looks excellent in person. The red’s, pink’s all look amazing. Paint lines are supper
tight. The portrait looks faultless. Putting the piece together took some work, as there were no
instructions. The only option was to study the images on the XM Studio’s official website. I got
there in the end.

On the subject of the pink power rings. They look ok. The are slightly flexible, making less prone
to breakage. I still feel no rings or clear rings might have worked better.

I have slightly mixed views towards the base. At first glance it looks great. If you zoom in, one or
two areas look rushed. I can spot various blemishes, but I guess it all adds to the aged vibe.
There are one or two areas that lack love. The top of the large circular metal rim has a wavey run
mark, over spray from the side. The black and silver components below Scarlet Witches right foot
stand out as poorly painted. Luckley, Scarlet herself distracts from these small issues.

Sometimes i get the impression the AAA painters are assigned to the portraits. The A rated painters
are assigned to the bodies. The painter that fail to make the AAA or A grade get to work on bases.

One concern I do have is possible leaning. I hope the metal rod located in the right leg is up to
the job. While Scarlet isn’t all that heavy, her red cape is. The red cape weighs a lot.

There is a nice art print included. I wished they had left out the NOT FOR SALE box over the print.
Oh wow UKShaun, congrats, she is stunning. I love that portrait the best
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:50 AM   #522
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Oh wow UKShaun, congrats, she is stunning. I love that portrait the best
Thanks. Me too. The teeth portrait will remain in the box forever more.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #523
ukshaun
Hercules

XM Studios - Scarlet Witch

Sideshow - X-23 PF raised up in the air

Sideshow - Domino EX PF

Sideshow - Psylocke: X-Force Variant

Spent the morning have a re_arrange, the aim being to squeeze the XM Studios - Scarlet Witch
into the display. Somehow i managed it

Recently i worked on a way to raise X-23 up into the air, as she looked lost behind the Sideshow
Psylocke: X-Force Variant. I used a circular biscuit tin, and packed it with polystyrene, and glued
black felt around the outside. X-23 looks much better up in the air.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #524
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Congrats!! I really like the non teeth portrait as well. Glad you are happy with yours as well! It's a fantastic piece. Thank you for sharing your collection ��
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #525
Asgard
Deadman

X-23 looks good in the air

Your pictures are another reason that I finally need a bigger monitor
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:15 AM   #526
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

it grows and grows... ;-) ... very nice
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #527
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Congrats!! I really like the non teeth portrait as well. Glad you are happy with yours as well! It's a fantastic piece. Thank you for sharing your collection ��
No probs. Super nice piece. The paint lines are super clean. This is one area Sideshow Collectibles should push the factories for, a higher percentage of cleaner lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
X-23 looks good in the air

Your pictures are another reason that I finally need a bigger monitor
I would recommend everyone that owns X-23 PF to raise her up higher.

The images are too large for my monitor also. The images that i post are half the size of the source photo's. I see no point in posting full size images. Besides, no detail is lost when reducing the size by 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
it grows and grows... ;-) ... very nice
It does
Part of me is looking forward to the day i move house and have a larger room to display the collection.

Another part of me dreads the boxing up process.
From previous experience, simply placing a portrait back in the box can amount to a puzzle
Old 10-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #528
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow Collectibles - Starfire PF (regular 0113/1000)

Some of out the box snap-shots. Shot using a basic 7.2 pixel camera under room lighting.

Starfire from Sideshow Collectibles arrived on my doorstep today. Literally on my doorstep. The
driver telephoned from outside and told me he had left the box on the step, then dashed off. No
signature required. I guess he was in a hurry. More importantly, the box was in great shape!

In person, Starfire looks great. First things first, no googly eyes, although the eye direction is
slightly different compared to the prototype, which appears to be looking right/upwards. My
Starfire is looking right, not upwards.

Skin tone. Sideshow (the factory) has nailed it. Not too orange, not too regular skin tone, not too
dark. Somewhere in between. The metallic purple used on the body suit and boots looks perfect.
The clear red jewels work well. The green starbolt, pops!

The Colors used on the flame look intense, more intense than my photo’s show. The blend from
Starfire’s hair down to the base has been handled expertly. On the subject of the base, the seams
look ok in person. No complaints there.

Hands. Sometimes, hands on ¼ PF’s can look cheap. No sign of cheapness with Starfire’s hands.
They are both nicely painted, as are the finger nails.

Comparing the Prototype to the Production. I would award the factory 10/10

Congrats to all at Sideshow Collectibles for making Starfire happen, and to Steve Lord for such an
amazing sculpt.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #529
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, she looks great!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #530
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Very nice! Sideshow did a great job on her!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote