Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #231
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula009 View Post
Pics to follow in a bit.

It arrived broken. Not spider-man himself, this one was worse than my 1st one though. Seams are terrible everywhere, paint had scratches and blemishes and his fingers were bent ( fingers were easily repaired with hairdryer )

The base was broken (Pumpkin was broken off the Oscorp sign, from where it should be near the camera) & the railing piece came with a chip on the bottom where it plugs into the staircase, making it so that it doesn't stay in place... it just falls over.

The light up claw ... the only piece i was missing and the only reason I smashed an entire statue to replace .... doesn't sit flush on the Doc Oc tentacle.

It's as if something is repelling it on one side.

The sad part is I still had the broken piece from my original Doc Oc tentacle and it clips in on that 100% perfect. The old tentacle doesn't fit on the new base and my old base had to be destroyed in order to get the replacement. I wish they had just sent the Claw. I'd have a perfect statue.

Now I have to jump through more hoops with sideshow to see what my next step is... Full return or some kind of credit. This statue had so much potential too, what a shame.
That sucks, sorry tot hear that there were so many issues with your replacement statue. I am actually surprised they sent you another one so soon, when they seemingly knew about the issues. I guess it must have been in transit, before they determined what was going on?

Well, keep us posted on what happens ultimately. The statue looks beautiful, based on the pics I have seen so far, so hopefully they can get these issues ironed out and the next batch is OK. I definitely want mine, if they can get everything sorted out. It is definitely a very ambitious sculpt, with all of the intricacies, so I think it is definitely wait and see.

Good luck and I hope they make everything right for you!
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #232
BurningRage
Inhumans

If my replacement is damaged then I'm just going to get a full refund. Not going through this a third time.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #233
xforce
Hydra

So a had a few small issues with the statue here is the emails I got back from sideshow

First email:

"Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Iron Studios Spider-Man statue. We had a number of our collectors report that upon opening their item, it was broken or flawed. As such, we decided to halt shipment of the remaining items and begin individually inspecting them. Unfortunately, all of the Spider-man statues failed inspection resulting in remaining orders to be put on hold.

Our staff has been working closely with Iron Studios, the manufacturer of this item, to provide an acceptable solution. They want to make sure you are happy with their item and have agreed to remake the statue for you. However, this process will take up to six months to complete. In the meantime, please send me a picture of the edition number on your statue so that we can place you on the waitlist for a new statue. Keep in mind, we cannot guarantee you will receive the same edition number as your original statue.

We understand that this situation is not ideal, and for that we sincerely apologize. Yet, we look forward to delivering what is truly a spectacular item into your collection!

If you would like to wait for your statue to be remade, please let me know so that we can place you on our waitlist."

Second email after I said I would wait

"Thank you for following up! I have placed you on our internal waitlist for the Iron Studios Spider-Man, so that you will be sure to receive it once they are available again. We estimate the time frame for this replacement to be about six months.

At any time, if you no longer wish to wait for the new statue to arrive, you can choose to return the entire item for a full refund. Simply respond to this email so we can get the return started for you. "
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #234
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

awesome Glad to hear this will get the treatment it was meant to get.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:50 PM   #235
craigcliff1
Zot

A member on Sideshow Freaks got his updated statue, he wrote
piece is now awesome
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #236
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
A member on Sideshow Freaks got his updated statue, he wrote
piece is now awesome
For he have an original before? Or is this his first one and he's just saying that compared to other's experience?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #237
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
For he have an original before? Or is this his first one and he's just saying that compared to other's experience?
Yeah he had one of the originals, this was his replacement.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #238
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah he had one of the originals, this was his replacement.
So what was changed in it? How is it better?

SSC still hasn't emailed me saying that my payment plan is starting back up, so I'm surprised to hear they are rolling again.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #239
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So what was changed in it? How is it better?

SSC still hasn't emailed me saying that my payment plan is starting back up, so I'm surprised to hear they are rolling again.
According to what he posted, they changed how certain pieces of the statue are put together, they realigned the holes so the parts go in smooth and flush. He also said his paint application was way better this time around.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #240
Sharkey

Nothing about the quality of the base? That is one that I heard was a big gripe people had.