Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #11
MKS
Nightwing

I almost like this, but the legs (waist down) seem lager scale than the upper body. It could be the angle, but scale wise her legs seem like they are significantly longer than they should be. IMO
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
I almost like this, but the legs (waist down) seem lager scale than the upper body. It could be the angle, but scale wise her legs seem like they are significantly longer than they should be. IMO
J Scott Campbell style.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

haha who would po this after vamp :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #14
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

i really like this....but yeah, waiting til piece comes out 1st.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #15
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

this whole women of dynamite line is just...

first we got the horrid vampirella release with the paint job. followed by yet another horrid bw vampirella.

then the purgatori release is nowhere in sight. last week i had enough and contacted nick at lady death store and had him refund my paypal preorder for a signed base. got the refund the next business day w/o problems even though I paid via paypal a year ago May 2015

now red sonja? LOL
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #16
jpsmith00
Doh!

Dynamite rebooted this line

Hey guys, Jason Smith here, the factory they picked totally blew it on Vampirella, the whole line was shelved until they could find another factory that would do a high quality job. I'm personally embarrassed by how bad Vampirella turned out, but I hope you guys will give Dynamite another chance to get it right. I really enjoyed sculpting this line, so I hope this round is greatly improved. Thanks for reading.
jpsmith00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:30 AM   #17
AC_808
Hercules

A vastly improved Vampirella would help sway me. I like what I see in the prototypes ...and would love to get that from the factory. Just like with everyone else, I'm waiting to see in hand pics before I buy again.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #18
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith00 View Post
Hey guys, Jason Smith here, the factory they picked totally blew it on Vampirella, the whole line was shelved until they could find another factory that would do a high quality job.

I'm personally embarrassed by how bad Vampirella turned out, but I hope you guys will give Dynamite another chance to get it right.

I really enjoyed sculpting this line, so I hope this round is greatly improved. Thanks for reading.
Thanks for your input Jason. It seems we've been left in the dark with no official word coming from Nick Barrucci on this matter until now.

If what you say is indeed true, then I'm encouraged by this latest news. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Keep up the great work with your sculpting! We can see improvements in your craft with each attempt. Hopefully Dynamite's new China factory will do your sculpt and this "Women of" line justice!

For the price Nick is charging, we expect a prototype perfect product.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Hey guys, Jason Smith here, the factory they picked totally blew it on Vampirella, the whole line was shelved until they could find another factory that would do a high quality job. I'm personally embarrassed by how bad Vampirella turned out, but I hope you guys will give Dynamite another chance to get it right. I really enjoyed sculpting this line, so I hope this round is greatly improved. Thanks for reading.
Thanks for keeping us posted, Jason.

While the news of Dynamite attempting to rectify the problem is certainly positive, the main reason I'm still willing to give this line a chance is due to your involvement. Keep up the excellent work.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Its cool of you to come in here and say that, and it does give me some hope. However I still wouldn't PO it. Just no trust there ><
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote