Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-23-2022, 09:30 AM   #211
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Why is that?
Because in those particular threads one is not allowed to say more than once that you prefer a piece over JND. In my case the Infinity Selina Kyle bust over the JND statue.

It’s not like I said it sucked or anything like it, heck I said the sculpt itself was great, the likeness was strong, but I just didn’t like the complexion and I think something around the mouth area (and I’ve since read elsewhere that others thought the same).

I was pretty much informed by others that once I have said anything the least bit negative, once is enough and to not bother posting anything similar afterwards (but imo it wasn’t even that negative, if at all), as I will just annoy those collectors who like it.

Other manufacturers and threads have their own strong proponents (or even the opposite) of course, but I’ve never felt the need to excuse myself before. Frankly the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, that I don’t even really pay attention to JND previews anymore. Just not worth potentially having an opposing view.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 01:05 PM   #212
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Because in those particular threads one is not allowed to say more than once that you prefer a piece over JND. In my case the Infinity Selina Kyle bust over the JND statue.

It?s not like I said it sucked or anything like it, heck I said the sculpt itself was great, the likeness was strong, but I just didn?t like the complexion and I think something around the mouth area (and I?ve since read elsewhere that others thought the same).

I was pretty much informed by others that once I have said anything the least bit negative, once is enough and to not bother posting anything similar afterwards (but imo it wasn?t even that negative, if at all), as I will just annoy those collectors who like it.

Other manufacturers and threads have their own strong proponents (or even the opposite) of course, but I?ve never felt the need to excuse myself before. Frankly the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, that I don?t even really pay attention to JND previews anymore. Just not worth potentially having an opposing view.
Keep posting your opinions, that's what this forums for. Screw those people
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:53 PM   #213
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm actually glad Phoenixblazes called me out for harping on with my "crusade" against Prime1. It's so easy to lose oneself in the nerd rage, you forget that the whole statue experience is subjective, and while I may see P1 in a negative light - others may see a glowing beacon of artistry. I'm certainly here for the banter, but I would like to contribute to a positive atmosphere, rather than being the Grinch.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:58 PM   #214
Thor57
Teen Titans

I’m going to hold off on panicking. These pictures are from a weird sideways below level angle and under factory overhead lights. It may very well turn out gross, it might be a home run. Or it might be a case of what happened recently with the 1/3 Joker, where some bad pictures convinced everyone it was a fail. But sure enough it got into hands and a lot of people loved it, some still hated it.

I can’t blame anyone for having a magnifying glass on every piece at every opportunity, as these things are getting more and more expensive. I’ll just wait a beat for more pics before I lose my faith.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #215
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This has no sense from P1’s perspective. If you want to sell pieces don’t share that picture showing that (as some of you mentioned) very bad sculpted face. So if this the best P1 can shows, or the most about they are proud of... thanks but no. I was waiting to jump into LOTR line but... the idea is vanishing little by little. What a pity, the concept piece looks awesome
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:47 PM   #216
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Because in those particular threads one is not allowed to say more than once that you prefer a piece over JND.
I think you should. You don't sh** post and give an informative opinion. You, Loki and a few others offer unique opinions on certain aspects of the statues process as a whole and I'm sure when a buyer is sitting on the fence to buy or not to buy beyond a likeness or slop in hair those opinions can be invaluable. I also think some folks on here don't go back a couple pages and reread comments to catch up, so they get an impression people beat a dead horse when it's their held belief to begin with. There are quite a few new collectors that just ghost here and don't participate in the conversation. I was on here for years before I said anything.

Unpopular opinion, JND Joker's skin tone in person looks like Piglet from Whiney the Pooh, I much prefer the 1/3 QS over JND because of the makeup application. You can't go wrong with either of them.

As for Aragorn, the proto face was already off to begin with and P1's factory pictures always look meh due to their lighting. RE2 Claire was getting slammed during the proto, the factory lights made the latest pictures look even worse. I would honestly wait for people here to get these pieces in hand and post pictures before any judgement is passed. I'm getting Leon and Claire and hope to have them soon so we can put those face issues to bed.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:04 PM   #217
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:

It?s not like I said it sucked or anything like it, heck I said the sculpt itself was great, the likeness was strong, but I just didn?t like the complexion and I think something around the mouth area (and I?ve since read elsewhere that others thought the same).

I was pretty much informed by others that once I have said anything the least bit negative, once is enough and to not bother posting anything similar afterwards (but imo it wasn?t even that negative, if at all), as I will just annoy those collectors who like it.

Other manufacturers and threads have their own strong proponents (or even the opposite) of course, but I?ve never felt the need to excuse myself before. Frankly the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, that I don?t even really pay attention to JND previews anymore. Just not worth potentially having an opposing view.
I know what you’re saying. For some reason some collectors have put JND on a pedestal, one that they’re not worthy of. Their Ledger Joker piece is nothing great, but you’re likely to get the mob after you for saying such a thing.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:54 AM   #218
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
This has no sense from P1?s perspective. If you want to sell pieces don?t share that picture showing that (as some of you mentioned) very bad sculpted face. So if this the best P1 can shows, or the most about they are proud of... thanks but no. I was waiting to jump into LOTR line but... the idea is vanishing little by little. What a pity, the concept piece looks awesome
It may not make sense but mistakes happen. Yes it is a bad photo and they should have gotten better photo's.

But it is too soon to trash this piece just from this one photo.

I'll wait for the reviews because I don't think Aragorn will sell out before it is being shipped.

Why does this keep happening lol? One bad picture and everyone is flipping their sh!t.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:38 AM   #219
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I presume this keep happening because quality of the pieces that people are receiving are getting low continuously. So if prices increase, and quality decrease, confidence, patience and understanding disappear.

In my opinion, if we, the collectors, could trust the quality of the production pieces, a lot of the POs will be sold out already. Since this is not happening, we have to wait for pictures and reviews from the most fearless and make a decision. If I have to miss a figure for ensuring it’s quality, I wouldn’t mind.

And once again, just want to comment that, for me the LOTR line (all pieces) look amazing!! Maybe the Aragorn’s face could be improved but overall looks amazing.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:46 AM   #220
Mooste
The Avengers

This has been happening long before this alleged general decline in quality of statues. Seems with every piece that has a general interest/hype some crappy photo pops up and people lose their collective minds.

I am not saying it is completely unjustified but people can be a bit more reserved instead of kneejerk reactions... but this is the internet after all.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote