Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-10-2022, 04:29 PM   #291
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When are these supposed to ship? They want payment soon but I wanted to see video or images from collectors who aren't shady Chinese based "collectors" that are using bad cameras.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:31 AM   #292
T-Rex

IMO is not a matter of the cameras... is a matter of the product
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #293
Thor Odinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
IMO is not a matter of the cameras... is a matter of the product
Those pictures are ----. How do you know it has not be edited in any way? Every major big collector on YouTube swears by Prime 1. Am I supposed to just think that all of sudden Prime 1 is going to release an obviously horrible statue on one of their biggest licenses? I'll believe it when I see it from a reputable collector.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:38 PM   #294
RemydaGambit

I'm in the same boat. Dont want to lose my deposit but if we base it from previous pictures, I would cancel my order.
But I dont want to rush judgement until I see more pictures.
If it looks similar to proto on different lighting, then I'll keep my PO.
Fortunately, I havent received the payment notice yet.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:38 PM   #295
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Those pictures are ----. How do you know it has not be edited in any way? Every major big collector on YouTube swears by Prime 1. Am I supposed to just think that all of sudden Prime 1 is going to release an obviously horrible statue on one of their biggest licenses? I'll believe it when I see it from a reputable collector.
I genuinely commend your perspective on this. Too many people panic, like startled sheep, when the usual negativity starts - and that includes me!

I can't explain why so many people praise Prime1, except to say that the idea of what is a good statue is very subjective.

I own three Prime1 statues, two from the Arkham Knight line, and one from The Witcher. The two from the AK line are older pieces, back when P1 was trying to get a foothold in the market, and in my opinion, this line of statues showcase the best and height of what P1 was or could be. The Witcher piece is a disaster and represents what P1 produces today.

What I see here from the Aragorn piece is exactly in keeping with Prime1's current quality standards. If it what you see here works for you, as it does for some - then that's great. But I would caution you to expect more, or to put any disappointment down to poor photos.

Either way - good luck, there's too much negativity in this hobby, and I think, in our criticality, we forget this is supposed to be fun.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:47 PM   #296
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Either way - good luck, there's too much negativity in this hobby, and I think, in our criticality, we forget this is supposed to be fun.
I can say this happens with most products

Usually ends up just like what we?re seeing now (with exceptions of course): businesses give you the good stuff early on , then ?experts? take over and get greedy. They squeeze more profit by sacrificing quality at the expense of the customer. And rightfully the old hats wax about the good ole days (funny, but warranted). I can tell you, the less they can fool us, the more chance they?ll go bankrupt in the near future. But, I suppose, that?s the normal (and expected) cycle for most businesses

They?ll just branch off, rename, put effort into the new business debut line, and rinse repeat

Sorry, “cynic hat off” . Tiring to wear that thing
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:44 PM   #297
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
I can say this happens with most products

Usually ends up just like what we?re seeing now (with exceptions of course): businesses give you the good stuff early on , then ?experts? take over and get greedy. They squeeze more profit by sacrificing quality at the expense of the customer. And rightfully the old hats wax about the good ole days (funny, but warranted). I can tell you, the less they can fool us, the more chance they?ll go bankrupt in the near future. But, I suppose, that?s the normal (and expected) cycle for most businesses

They?ll just branch off, rename, put effort into the new business debut line, and rinse repeat

Sorry, ?cynic hat off? . Tiring to wear that thing
I completely agree. The only P1 I would seriously consider getting would be their original AK line. But....that said, that line is looking a bit dated compared to the competition. I mean, if you really want a Batman figure - you have so many options it's unreal.

Back on topic, I think the P1 LotR line might have been dead on arrival. And with Infinity, Queen and (dare I say it) Dark Side Collectibles stepping into the ring - these P1 clowns had better make hay while the sun shines.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #298
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I can't agree about the dead on arrival part as the villains have all been pretty well done from what I see.

I think the biggest test will be to see how Frodo and Gollum comes out.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #299
RemydaGambit

I disagree with the dead on arrival with the line.
P1 Sauron is amazing! I've watched quite a few of the review and the details are stunning.
That's why I was very confident in the beginning and havent cancelled Aragorn yet.
Obviously Aragorn is a major piece in the line and it would be in the best interest that he would look amazing. And from what I see, taking likeness out of the picture, the statue itself looks great.
But of course, its when we factor in the likeness where it is in question as that is the focal point and the most important factor in the statue.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #300
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I can't agree about the dead on arrival part as the villains have all been pretty well done from what I see.

I think the biggest test will be to see how Frodo and Gollum comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I disagree with the dead on arrival with the line.
P1 Sauron is amazing! I've watched quite a few of the review and the details are stunning.
That's why I was very confident in the beginning and havent cancelled Aragorn yet.
Obviously Aragorn is a major piece in the line and it would be in the best interest that he would look amazing. And from what I see, taking likeness out of the picture, the statue itself looks great.
But of course, its when we factor in the likeness where it is in question as that is the focal point and the most important factor in the statue.
Note I said the LINE was dead on arrival (IMHO) not individual pieces. If you're collecting a line, I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for every piece to be a winner, not just "some" or one.

Take the new line from Infinity, if I thought that Legolas was going to be the only one they did well, and all of the others would be flawed - according to my personal tastes - I wouldn't bother starting to collect the line....

By the way, I don't have first hand experience, but as I understand even the Sauron piece came with issues (magnet problems)....so even though it might look good, it seems the engineering was below par - again, unsurprisingly for P1.