Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #41
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm reading a lot of talk on various Facebook groups that XM is considering doing this in the black and silver X-Force colors. Personally, I think that's a huge mistake. What do you guys think?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #42
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm reading a lot of talk on various Facebook groups that XM is considering doing this in the black and silver X-Force colors. Personally, I think that's a huge mistake. What do you guys think?
Personally, I’m shooting for a 90’s Lee line-up. I want the original colors. Eyegasm in the right lighting.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #43
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am happy because this is what I expected but I understand that others are not. There is no argument that one suit is worth more than another. There will be others as for many other characters, we must not force ourselves.

I don't quite agree with those who systematically claim the first iconic costume and I don't think XM has demonstrated that it always starts with the first one. The statue is more in the spirit of Archangel fleeing the Apocalypse's tomb (this is the story the base tells us) in the X-Force era. Not its first metamorphosis.

Maybe they will offer two versions to satisfy everyone and boost sales? But it seems that XM (Ang Seng), on a Facebook thread about the color scheme, implied that this would be the first X-Force statue among others to come.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #44
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If they do this, I think the only way is to offer both versions. I have no interest in buying this if it only comes in X-Force colors.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #45
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
If they do this, I think the only way is to offer both versions. I have no interest in buying this if it only comes in X-Force colors.
Yep same, it would be a shame if that's the case but I just don't have any interest in the x-force variant.

Would make this turn from an easy buy to an easy pass, but if that's what they do then we don't have any control over that.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #46
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Definitely in the minority but I would prefer XForce, since I don't like the blue and red combo from the original. One of the rare situations I don't like the OG as much.

Overall i'd much prefer the "Angel" costume instead though.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #47
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I saw that. I think all black and grey is boring, but I'd like the fans to get it. I say offer both since it's only a paint swap.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #48
SONICobra
Batman

i would prefer og colors but would be ok with xforce, i have a display for each of those teams this would fit in with
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think it's a mistake when they have no other X-Force suits. What happened to making consistent team lines? They don't even have an X-Force Deadpool. Or Domino. Not even hints of them.

This would be one of those times to test the water of announcing a variant at time of release. Pick your Paint Scheme.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #50
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think it's a mistake when they have no other X-Force suits. What happened to making consistent team lines? They don't even have an X-Force Deadpool. Or Domino. Not even hints of them.

This would be one of those times to test the water of announcing a variant at time of release. Pick your Paint Scheme.
That's exactly what they should do and do a version A and B and let people know up front.