Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #831
rychehitman
Galactus

Okay…it’s prediction time guys….

WHO YA GOT?

Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Big Show Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

I see Big Show winning by DQ. Remember when closed fist punching was illegal in wrestling? How can a knock out punch be Big Show’s closer? I realize Show is getting older and he needs a low impact finisher....but a punch? C'mon now!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

I am loving what Dragon is doing in the WWE! I think he is magic with the belt! That being said...Sheamus is HHH's work out partner and road buddy. As much as I hate to say this....I think politics are going to win and Sheamus walks out the champion.

Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

One of two piss break matches Vince has booked for us! Thanks Vince! Well.....Menounos ain't gonna lose folks, so her team will win. Now does she win because Kharma comes out and attacks Beth? Does Natty finally turn on Beth? One can only hope! I hate Kelly Kelly...so I hope she doesnt even get tagged into the match.

Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali and Booker T) (with Hornswoggle)
vs.
Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz and Drew McIntyre) (with Vickie Guerrero) 12-man tag team match. The General Manager of the winning team will become the General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown.

Ugh.....who cares, right? I hope the match ends in a no contest because 5 minutes into the match the lights go out....then we hear the familiar sound of an e-mail being received...the lights come back on to reveal all team members laid out and a laptop computer in the middle of the ring....REVENGE OF THE ANONYMOUS GENERAL MANAGER!!!

Seriously though...I don't see them putting Johnny Ace in the spot to have so much TV time...I could see Teddy Long getting the knod until Vince comes back and fires him. Why can't we have Steven Regal be the GM and be done with it?!?!?

CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho Singles match for the WWE Championship

Okay, here is the real deal main event of the night. There are some factors involved here that need to be mentioned. This whole "Christian has been reinjured" thing is a scam. I can see him interfering in this match for Jericho. Alberto Del Rio has been out of the spotlight for a bit too...I could see him getting involved against CK PUNK. At the end of the day...and I hate to say this....I REALLY don't see Jericho getting the belt. I think it set's a bad example for a talent to leave the company and then rejoin to be tossed directly into the title picture and win the belt on their first crack at it. But then again, that might have been a negotiating point in Jericho's contract....and he did just sign an extension to take him into Summerslam. Alright...I'm going to go with my heart and not my head and predict Jericho winning the belt! .... (even though I believe Punk will retain )

Randy Orton vs. Kane
Hey look, another piss break match! Thanks Vince!
Obviously Orton is going to win this...I mean...He's the VIPER and everything, right?

Triple H vs. The Undertaker ……Hell in a Cell match with special guest referee Shawn Michaels

HHH might be a lot of things....but he doesn't want streak broken. Undertaker wins to keep the streak alive and take the year off until he faces Sting next year in Jersey!

The Rock vs. John Cena

You really think there is going to be a winner here? No chance in hell! This is going to be milked into a best of three series for damn sure! I hate the idea of Mania ending without a pinfall....but these two guys in the ring is $$$! Still, someone has to win, right? I predict that the Rock will pin Cena after some type of interference that he is not aware of (probably from the Miz). The next night on Raw....Dwayne will denounce the victory because he doesn't want to beat Cena like that. The two will shake hands again and agree to meet at next years Mania...or Summerslam.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #832
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Mark my words....it's going to happen.

Vince is far more lenient of contactual dates than he has been in the past. He will sign Sting to a deal that sees Sting do NO road work....a handful of RAW appearances and PPV only.

Bringing in STING is a cash cow...and Vince can give him a lower guarantee and a higher % or merch.

Sting will be brought in with mysterious "who's that?" type videos calling out the Undertaker

Then in a rare move...the Undertaker will be in the Royal Rumble....about half way through he will come down and dominate throwing everybody out. When the timer counts down the next entry...a grainy video will play on the Titan Tron of a crow perched on a wooden cross tombstone in the desert....then the lights will go out and when they come back on STING will be in the ring behind Undertaker. Undertaker will turn to face him for a monumental stare down....then the lights will go out again...and when they come back on BOTH men will be gone....

The next night on RAW the Undertaker will come out and cut a promo about Sting Taking him to the other side...etc., etc., etc. In the weeks leading up to Mania...Sting will be in the rafters and a crow will keep appearing ringside, or at the announce table....(until it lands on the cornerpost during one of Kane's entrances....but that's post Mania during the epic Sting/Kane feud!)

The two will meet at Mania...and Undertaker will go over Sting to be 20 and 0 at Mania...and retire. Sting will stay active on RAW and lead up to a title match at Summerslam...where he will win the title and retire....all so that he can be inducted in the HOF as a former WWE Champion.
Unfortunately... Sting signed another year long deal with TNA today.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #833
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

25 years ago today, the match that will stand forever as the most iconic moment in pro wrestling's history took place: Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant at WMIII.

Here's a nice piece that takes a look at WMIII and compares it with the upcoming WMXXVIII.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...estlemania-iii
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #834
rychehitman
Galactus

Well, I have to tell you I havent watched an episode of IMPACT in I don't know HOW long....but when I heard that Hulk Hogan accepted the position as the new General Manager I just had to tune in!

Surely this is going to put them over the top now, right? I mean...with Hulk in charge we are sure to see a Nasty Boys tag team title run...and Ed Leslie winning the TV title soon. Those guys equal ratings!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #835
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

IMO The worst thing ever happen to TNA it's Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle TNA was awesome before Kurt Angle arrive when Christian was the champion LAX they were together and the X-division they were amazing but the Downfall of TNA was when they start recycling wrestlers like Nash,Sting,Stainer,Kurt and the Dudley's insted of using his own wrestlers the only one they didn't use right was Booker T
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #836
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Lesnar is back with WWE. He just signed a one year contract, and he's in Miami.

The only question is when he'll show up during tonight's WM.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #837
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Lesnar is back with WWE. He just signed a one year contract, and he's in Miami.

The only question is when he'll show up during tonight's WM.
I would imagine either to attack Taker after the match, or to cost Cena the match against The Rock.
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #838
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
I would imagine either to attack Taker after the match, or to cost Cena the match against The Rock.
Bingo.. to cause Cena to loose the match IMO &
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #839
rychehitman
Galactus

Ugh.....Brock is so overrated...

Well....Brock will get involved somewhere tonight and tomorrow on RAW. Vince is thrilled with the success of the year long promotion of WM 28's ROCK/Cena match. The most likely scenario is Undertaker vs. Brock at WM 29....although a Brock/Rock angle with Cena isn't too crazy to think about.

I just wish they'd bring Heyman in with Brock..and bring back his old music with him as well.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #840
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If he has signed a year long contract then it would make the most sense for him to feud with Cena initially, then there will probably be Brock-Taker at next years WM.
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote