Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #131
built2shred
Phoenix

Another big difference is the hair, in the prototype it has much more definition you can see the various strands in the production piece the hair is all clumped together in big pieces... I need better pictures though for final verdict but so far I'm a bit disappointed..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #132
Sithlord32
New Republic

I dont belive GH would put out a product that far off from the Prototype. Everything they have released has been solid and I am guessing she will look much better than what is shown in that video. Something to speculate for sure. If she looks like she does in the video I will return her immediately. Not taking a hit for QC anymore if im not satisfied with any piece from anyone if bought directly its going back.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #133
dao2
Cyclops

Hair is the same, some definition does look lost (and invariably some will be because of casting) but we'll see how much is video and how much is paint.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:23 AM   #134
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Earlier in the thread, these pics seemed to look good to everyone.

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #135
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

That YouTube video just isn't enough to base a judgement on. Poor lighting, poor camera work (filmed using one hand), and issues with zoom control and focus....but I guess we'll see.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:58 AM   #136
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart717 View Post
Thanks Sisco. I can't say that I'm very happy with the production pieces though. Here's a side by side comparison using screenshots from the video.
<snip>

Sadly, I'm not sure I want to keep my order.
Yeah it doesn't look too good. It does seem to have lost a lot of detail both in sculpt and the paint compared to the proto. But it may be due to the poor picture quality of the video. We'll have to wait for some still pictures of the release.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #137
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I think this is a mighty close paint up to the original. The problem is (and like Silas stated) multiple factors can play into the first video footage.

The only thing that it seems lacking is more dirtiness to her. Its like the blood is there, but there is not as much dirt and grime on her that would give the statue more realism or depth.

But my goodness, I just don't see the non-likeness or hair arguments with this. I think this looks damn near exactly like what was shown you were going to receive.

The only thing that can use enhancing is the dirt and grime over more of her face and upper body.

Nice looking statue.

I have to add this....the paint up on this is much better than the SS paint up on the new Gladiator Hulk's SHIELD!!! Miles betta!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #138
MostStrange
Doh!

That's my video. I apologise for not doing it justice. It actually looks fantastic. It wasn't meant to be a review- I usually collect 1/8 scale anime figures, so I was just documenting my first 1/4 scale purchase. And having Marceline in need of attention didn't give me long enough to locate my tripod. My only criticism of the figure is that when you tilt the statue back and look at the eyes up close they seem very red. This effect is lost when she's standing normally for some reason. That, and I had to dig a little paint out of the hand connection points to get them to sit flush.

I thought I'd be getting mine much later than everybody, because I'm in Australia, but I didn't realise they were shipping from China.

Again, really sorry. In reality, she's much nicer than my video.
MostStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #139
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostStrange View Post
That's my video. I apologise for not doing it justice. It actually looks fantastic. It wasn't meant to be a review- I usually collect 1/8 scale anime figures, so I was just documenting my first 1/4 scale purchase. And having Marceline in need of attention didn't give me long enough to locate my tripod. My only criticism of the figure is that when you tilt the statue back and look at the eyes up close they seem very red. This effect is lost when she's standing normally for some reason. That, and I had to dig a little paint out of the hand connection points to get them to sit flush.

I thought I'd be getting mine much later than everybody, because I'm in Australia, but I didn't realise they were shipping from China.

Again, really sorry. In reality, she's much nicer than my video.
No need to apologize. You gave everyone here a first look at the statue, so we thank you for that.
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #140
MostStrange
Doh!

Here's the same statue from my video. It's still a terrible photo, but hopefully it dispels some of the false information offered by that screenshot. It's hard to explain. Despite the video, looking at the statue in person looks much closer to the prototype than the photoset ripped from the vid.

Wait for someone with stead hands, unlike me

MostStrange is offline   Reply With Quote