Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #971
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well if you liked S3 you may be okay with S4. I thought S3 was about a 6/10 myself. I've got one episode left on S4 but haven't felt inclined to watch it yet it's grown so tired.
Describes my feelings on Legends of Tomorrow perfectly. Haven't even gotten to its finale because of how "meh" the episodes have been. By comparison Arrow feels like Citizen Kane.

S3 was rough in the middle, but I cut it some slack because I felt the last episodes were strong. So far 2 episodes into S4 and it's kinda rough. The tone has shifted considerably. Feels so much like Flash, but it doesn't work for these characters (as it does Flash). Maybe they're still just setting the stage for the season. Right now more interested by the flashbacks than the present day (which wasn't the case last season).
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #972
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just finished season 3 of Homeland.

Wow.

All three seasons are 9/10.

What nail biters!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #973
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well if you liked S3 you may be okay with S4. I thought S3 was about a 6/10 myself. I've got one episode left on S4 but haven't felt inclined to watch it yet it's grown so tired.
Arrow has been on my list but if it doesn't maintain it's quality from season to season then I will just skip it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:32 AM   #974
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Arrow has been on my list but if it doesn't maintain it's quality from season to season then I will just skip it.
Just finished Season 4 a few minutes ago. Yeah, it was a challenge.

That being said, I'd still encourage you to watch the first 2 seasons at least. And I did enjoy a good chunk of Season 3.

It's not fair for a show's decline to ruin or rob the experience of the first good seasons.

We could probably do a thread on shows, and how far viewers are recommended to watch till they peak. Seasons 1-5 for Dexter are a bonus recommendation from yours truly. Skip 6-8.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #975
built2shred
Phoenix

Been watching the 1st season of Marco Polo, it's pretty good so far...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #976
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

House of Cards season 4 - 7/10
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #977
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Describes my feelings on Legends of Tomorrow perfectly. Haven't even gotten to its finale because of how "meh" the episodes have been. By comparison Arrow feels like Citizen Kane.

S3 was rough in the middle, but I cut it some slack because I felt the last episodes were strong. So far 2 episodes into S4 and it's kinda rough. The tone has shifted considerably. Feels so much like Flash, but it doesn't work for these characters (as it does Flash). Maybe they're still just setting the stage for the season. Right now more interested by the flashbacks than the present day (which wasn't the case last season).
Just over halfway through Legends, after the complete season sat on my PVR. TBH we are flying through it and both my wife and I have really enjoyed it in quasi- binge fashion. I was pretty skeptical after pretty lukewarm word of mouth but found myself pleasantly surprised and enjoying it at times more than S2 of the Flash. The only thing I despise is Rip Hunters facial hair - so terrible
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #978
abarron
Batman

Arrow Season 4 7.5/10

Had some good episodes and was really liking the second half of the season but the last couple of episodes got a bit silly. So far the finales have upped every season but not sure how season 5's finale will top the stakes in this one.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #979
built2shred
Phoenix

Arrow derailed itself the last few seasons with all the stupid romance story lines they tried to force into the episodes. The whole Oliver/Felicity romance story was really bad. The reason the first two seasons were so good was because it was about Oliver Queen being a bad ass and taking no prisoners.... For what ever reason they decided to make him a nice guy in season's 3 & 4 which was a mistake IMO. Here's better off being the antihero like the first two seasons, made the show way more interesting.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #980
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Just finished Season 4 a few minutes ago. Yeah, it was a challenge.

That being said, I'd still encourage you to watch the first 2 seasons at least. And I did enjoy a good chunk of Season 3.

It's not fair for a show's decline to ruin or rob the experience of the first good seasons.

We could probably do a thread on shows, and how far viewers are recommended to watch till they peak. Seasons 1-5 for Dexter are a bonus recommendation from yours truly. Skip 6-8.

I'll invest in a show if it starts off weak but then gets stronger in later seasons but it isn't worth my time if the reverse is the case. There are just too many quality shows these days to waste time on a show that can't maintain or improve in quality as it progresses.

It sounds like from everything I am reading that Arrow takes a marked decline in quality after season 2. That being the case, I'll just skip it altogether.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote