Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #291
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. Zero reason for another company to do SF statues.
I wouldn't mind, but I sort of wish someone like Prime 1 took on DoA given all the SF options.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #292
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Another 1:4 Akuma and Ryu isn't gonna hurt anyone...

People buy 10 Batmans so why not more SF.

I'm super interested to see what Prime 1 are cooking up with these, i love the PCS Ultra line but i'm more than happy to leave my options open to see what P! do. I like choice.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #293
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I agree. Reminds me of early PCS, but with a mediocre sculptor riding the wave of his previous work with Koto.

I had a bad customer service experience. It's really just one guy out of LA who's not very personable depending on his mood that day. The whole garage kit vibe of the company doesn't mesh well with the prices they're asking.

I don't trust they'll finish the roster. They have no advantage over the other producers with the factories. Sales can't be great with the ultra low ES. BBTS slashed the prices on the Akumas, which weren't many to begin with. Expect some kind of abrupt end to the line in a year or less.
He's better than mediocre imo, but everyone has their weaknesses. I don't think his style of musculature works for every character, but I've got several of his pieces and love them.

I'm not hating, when I say 'kool-aid'. I hope he delivers...but there are a couple details that lead me to believe otherwise. A fickle nature, for one - doesn't inspire confidence. You mention two other valid ones. Considering that they've now done Ryu and Akuma, the MOST popular characters (with low ES to boot), and they appear to have trouble selling through. How can anyone expect the less popular characters to sell?

And that's relevant to this thread too. If Prime 1 are doing Ryu and Akuma first, their ES and sales will inform us accordingly. We'll see if it's primarily art style, license saturation, or just general market saturation to blame.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #294
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

We can make 100 Hulks, 100 Batmans, 100 Supermans, 100 Wonder Womans, and 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Iron Mans, but we can't make more Street Fighter? That argument is super wack yo, get outta here.

I think Street Fighter is more than welcome to make in this market. Folks say that we shouldn't do Street Fighter statues, but we still haven't even seen the most popular characters from Street Fighter 5 in statue form.

Give me less of this:

And more of this:

If Ryu and Akuma aren't selling, maybe it's because people are tired of those fighting hobos.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #295
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am always in for a Chun-Li statue. She is the only one I am planning get from this line, unless they make Guile, Ryu and Ken so irresistable that I can't pass on them too.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #296
actionjackson83
Midnighter

only cammy for me and Sagat.
actionjackson83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #297
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I don't think his style of musculature works for every character, but I've got several of his pieces and love them.
Very true. It worked for Ryu, hence will work for Ken. Another character I think would look great in Sosa style is Fei Long. After those three, I can't see myself adding anymore Street Fighter to my collection.

Unless Prime1 decide to do a ridiculously good Bison. I'll make room for that, i.e. unload more PCS statues.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #298
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

You guys do realize that there are new collectors that didn't get a chance to get all the old statues from other companies and would therefore appreciate new offerings from p1
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:45 AM   #299
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Very true. It worked for Ryu, hence will work for Ken. Another character I think would look great in Sosa style is Fei Long. After those three, I can't see myself adding anymore Street Fighter to my collection.

Unless Prime1 decide to do a ridiculously good Bison. I'll make room for that, i.e. unload more PCS statues.
Exactly! Because his style is an unrealistic, 'all muscles contracted at the same time' approach. If there's one human that comes to mind for that, it's Bruce.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:51 AM   #300
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i would be happy if im wrong, but i strongly believe there is little to no market for these
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote