Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #211
Steve evans
The Spirit

Does anyone have any close up photos of the paintwork on Blue, especially the head?
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #212
Airnoname
Frackin!

I hate many ugly black dots on Blue’s face the most.

Sorry for a bad light but paint app looks terrible in person regardless the light.

The last one is a cheap licensed figure repainted from SEGA on same light.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #213
Steve evans
The Spirit

Thanks for posting the photos Airnoname. The paint app appears to be worse on the head, which was the main area of concern on the Breakout Rex. The body on Blue doesn't seem too bad. It seems strange that the most important part, the head, gets such little attention.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #214
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Am I the only one who is seeing the lack of skin texture on the top of the head, back and tail? It looks almost flat
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #215
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Am I the only one who is seeing the lack of skin texture on the top of the head, back and tail? It looks almost flat
extremely flat. bad casting too.
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #216
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I have always been under the impression that all of CC's stuff was manufactured in the Toynami factories.
Except for the 1/4 endo of course which was a' misstake' Paul would never repeat again.
Paul was so proud of his Toynami adventure from day 1 and it was actually one of CC's main selling points!
I wasn't aware 'officially' that some of their pieces were manufactured in other factories.My suspicions turned out to be valid afterall.
That's another reason for me why I will never pre-order their stuff again cause frankly,their dino pieces are HCG statue level quality.The lowest quality the hobby has to offer.But then at very steep prices!Unbelievable.
Yeah totally agree. I was under the impression that CC used ONLY the good factories and after bad pieces like the Endo they were pulling out all the stops to make sure their products we're the best out there.

Obviously not.

Thank Jebus for Prime 1 that's all i can say.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #217
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yup, my confidence is with Prime 1 as well for delivering great JP pieces to collectors. I have to wonder what happened to Chronicle, is this the same company that made Robocain and Ed-209?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:02 AM   #218
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I have always been under the impression that all of CC's stuff was manufactured in the Toynami factories.
Except for the 1/4 endo of course which was a' misstake' Paul would never repeat again.
Paul was so proud of his Toynami adventure from day 1 and it was actually one of CC's main selling points!
I wasn't aware 'officially' that some of their pieces were manufactured in other factories.My suspicions turned out to be valid afterall.
That's another reason for me why I will never pre-order their stuff again cause frankly,their dino pieces are HCG statue level quality.The lowest quality the hobby has to offer.But then at very steep prices!Unbelievable.
You are misunderstanding. Toynami apparently has multiple factories, the one where ECC stuff is made being the best. I think they got shafted by Toynami putting out this quality of work which is probably why they are cutting ties with them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #219
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Thanks for the clarification Stingray.Now I understand the whole picture.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #220
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Oh my god...Chronicle needs to eliminate this factory too. It looks like Blue sneezed into a bowl of pepper.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote