Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #21
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
Wow! Starting off with a Soul Caliber II model is probably best. The general consensus seems to be that II was the best entry or at the very least the most memorable.

Oh please pleas please show me a the purple Astoroth some day.
Here I was, thinking the opposite. I guess I'm in the minority. Most of the characters I want aren't in II. I hope other Soul games are possible options.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #22
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

In terms of a competitive fighting game, two was the best entry for sure. But yeah my favorite characters (Dampierre and Hilde) aren't in until later games

Too bad I'll never get a statue of either of them
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:48 AM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
In terms of a competitive fighting game, two was the best entry for sure. But yeah my favorite characters (Dampierre and Hilde) aren't in until later games

Too bad I'll never get a statue of either of them
Yeah, exactly. I'm not referring to gameplay at all. Just character selection and perhaps costumes/design.

Dampierre and Hilde are nice choices.

Those that I'd be willing to buy might be considered bland to many, but more accurately, I'm just simply most fond of my first experience - with Soul Edge/Blade. So Hwang, Li Long, and Edge Master would be my picks (of course their later designs would be preferable).

I'm sure I'll get none of them, so I'll probably end up owning only Mitsurugi.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #24
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

LOL good luck on Hwang and Li Long. Your average fan probably doesn't even know who they are. It took me a long time to even notice they weren't in SCV lol. Whenever people complain about SCV missing characters, I've never seen those two brought up.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #25
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
LOL good luck on Hwang and Li Long. Your average fan probably doesn't even know who they are. It took me a long time to even notice they weren't in SCV lol. Whenever people complain about SCV missing characters, I've never seen those two brought up.
You're right, of course.

When Li Long was replaced by the flashy Maxi, I knew he was a series goner. Li Long isn't that memorable, but I like him.

I had thought Hwang was on the same popularity trajectory as Mitsurugi after Blade and Calibur 1. He was prominent, and the focus of early kata videos back then, teasing Calibur 1. Then just dropped for 2.

For lore and 'master' archetype alone, I'd hope I'd at least get Edge Master, of the three.

It's unfortunate about all these fighting game licenses. Several series are very important to me, but I don't have high hopes for ever getting many characters I really want. I'm already anticipating several years down the road, going the commission route.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #26
BurningRage
Inhumans

Guessing the regs will have a black base like the Tekken ones.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #27
RomanceDawn
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, exactly. I'm not referring to gameplay at all. Just character selection and perhaps costumes/design.

Dampierre and Hilde are nice choices.

Those that I'd be willing to buy might be considered bland to many, but more accurately, I'm just simply most fond of my first experience - with Soul Edge/Blade. So Hwang, Li Long, and Edge Master would be my picks (of course their later designs would be preferable).

I'm sure I'll get none of them, so I'll probably end up owning only Mitsurugi.
I'm not talking about Gameplay really either. Part two came to all 3 home consoles at the time with guest characters that were much more well received than the Star Wars duo, Kratos or the Assassins Creed dude. Once part 3 hit only on PS2 and no Arcade version it was clear that things were slowing down for Soul Calibur.

Four and especially 5 were fantastic and I love them to death but part two was the height of its popularity. So much so that they rereleased it with online. I blame Namco because they do not put the same love into the Soul series like they do Tekken.

F4F choosing the SCII version of Nightmare was probably one of the better decisions they could have made since it's just so iconic. This version of him is certainly not my favorite but I can easily see the reasoning behind the decision.
RomanceDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #28
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Those are good points, and I agree SCII (with it's multiple guests) was the biggest hit. But for statues, it comes down to character selection first, and design second.

I haven't compared designs recently, but I may concede that SCII may be the best designs. I think I prefer SCI Mitsurugi to SCII though. And like I said, three characters I want aren't represented in II. I may be far from the norm however.

I don't understand licensing one game in a series though, if that's what F4F has done. I'm surprised Namco would even want to break things down like that.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #29
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

mitsurugi, taki, sophita, cassandra are my favourite characters.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #30
BurningRage
Inhumans

This is going up for pre-order next.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote