Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #231
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

They are bad on email. If you want a fast answer, you need to call them.
DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #232
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

had a problem trying to get the replacement request to work, so I emailed customer service on the 27th Feb and got an auto response on the 4th March, then on the 14th March Joe replied with options for the replacement part...not too bad really.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #233
Cromulon
Justice League

When will we get a Todd Howard statue?
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #234
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Well, my replacement Taarna part got here safely on the 4th after a very quick flight over from the US, via Germany into the UK, up to Aberdeen and down to Inverness...in all just over 3 days.
Then everything went to $*%# as my local courier got hold of it and it then took a further 3 days to go 60 miles...
But at least it was all good when she arrived, felt bad smashing the old part but it had to be done...

Thanks to Joe R at SS Taarna is standing proud once again
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:49 AM   #235
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Thor Breaker of Brimstone Portrait Issue

Am I being too picky?

It looks like his teeth are rotting.

One of his eyes is pink, and missing gloss.

He's got knicks across his helmet, and the gloss paint looks like it's starting to peel away.

And he's got a weird black line under his left eye. Not blended at all.

I'm so freaking angry right now!!! Fifth piece in a row with QC issues. If it weren't so expensive I'd throw it against the wall right now and be done with it.

Am I right here, or too picky. I seriously need to know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083655.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	122736   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083708.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	122737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083712.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	122738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083730.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	122739   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083755.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	122740  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190417_083837.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	122741  
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #236
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Am I being too picky?

He's got knicks across his helmet, and the gloss paint looks like it's starting to peel away.

I'm so freaking angry right now!!! Fifth piece in a row with QC issues. If it weren't so expensive I'd throw it against the wall right now and be done with it.

Ask for a replacement
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #237
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Ask for a replacement
So you see it too, or am I crazy? I seriously need to know lol. I haven't even unwrapped my Captain Marvel lithograph either. Probably going to have issues with that too. Sideshow seriously has the worst QC of any company that has ever existed.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #238
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Am I being too picky?

The teeth are "normal", they always look rotten. The worst teeth in the history of statues.

But every time i say this, the SS fanboys attack saying that it's the artist's vision.....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #239
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am returning the Batwoman PF EX number 386 of 750. So if you get that edition number, it is a return with a crumbling base. I was going to get a replacement, but it is going on week four and I still havent heard back from the rep. I might even consider cancelling the other pre-orders i have. Their customer service went from bad to useless.
I am almost at 5 weeks on a replacement request without the process even beginning. I had stated that I would want to do a return if it would take many months to get a replacement. I'm over a month out now and can't even get anyone to even give me my options.

Since I had tried following up via e-mail, I was told by a chat rep that each of my follow-up e-mails moved me back to the end of the line. If you try to contact them with more info or to get an update, you get punished. At that point, she estimated I had about 3 more days left. That was over a week ago.

I am feeling the same way. The statue I need a replacement for was part of a line. Without this one, I really probably wouldn't bother with the rest of the line. I'd have to get them to cancel the other one I have on PO without losing the NRD since the only reason I'm wanting to cancel is because they are unresponsive.

This may work out for the best. If I take Sideshow out of the equation, my collecting bill goes way down.

I am starting to question the health of their business. This is the type of customer service I'd expect right before everything shuts down.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #240
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I am almost at 5 weeks on a replacement request without the process even beginning. I had stated that I would want to do a return if it would take many months to get a replacement. I'm over a month out now and can't even get anyone to even give me my options.

Since I had tried following up via e-mail, I was told by a chat rep that each of my follow-up e-mails moved me back to the end of the line. If you try to contact them with more info or to get an update, you get punished. At that point, she estimated I had about 3 more days left. That was over a week ago.

I am feeling the same way. The statue I need a replacement for was part of a line. Without this one, I really probably wouldn't bother with the rest of the line. I'd have to get them to cancel the other one I have on PO without losing the NRD since the only reason I'm wanting to cancel is because they are unresponsive.

This may work out for the best. If I take Sideshow out of the equation, my collecting bill goes way down.

I am starting to question the health of their business. This is the type of customer service I'd expect right before everything shuts down.
Don't even give them the option for a replacement order anymore. They did that to me too. Took over a month to receive a replacement and that one had issues too! Ahhh lol.

If you have the funds, send them pics and say you're returning that one. Then just order another one.

I'm currently debating whether I want to reorder the Thor BoB because, yet again, ---- quality control. I can fix most of the issues, but whyyy must I fix their brand new statue that was $700. It's exhausting. I've put all pre-orders on hold and am calling to cancel two order for May, July. I need a break from this crap.