Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #2261
101son
Justice League

you know when i first saw this piece I wanted it , still do. but by no means am i in any rush to purchase this. theres just no point , with that kind of price it should be a truly limited edition statue, not something that 2000 other people end up owning.
the scale only bothers me because of the price there charging , but the longer they wait to announce ES the longer i have to decide and possibly throw my money elsewhere
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #2262
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
you know when i first saw this piece I wanted it , still do. but by no means am i in any rush to purchase this. theres just no point , with that kind of price it should be a truly limited edition statue, not something that 2000 other people end up owning.
the scale only bothers me because of the price there charging , but the longer they wait to announce ES the longer i have to decide and possibly throw my money elsewhere
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #2263
leplant
Deadman

Educate me as to why a true 1/4 scale Juggernaut would have to be over 2k. As evidence to refute that assertion, Prime 1 Darkseid is 32", and costs $1200. It's a monster! Also the paint, detail, and casting are magnificent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-comics-darkseid-statue-200510-04__30535.1495212920.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	122134  
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #2264
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Educate me as to why a true 1/4 scale Juggernaut would have to be over 2k. As evidence to refute that assertion, Prime 1 Darkseid is 32", and costs $1200. It's a monster! Also the paint, and molding on mine is magnificent.
Because it’s a ‘Sideshow Maquette’, that’s why!

But seriously there are just so many other 1/3 Prime 1 pieces I would prefer to order over this piece.

I still want to see a comparison photo between this and P1’s Killer Croc given that they’re more or less the same price.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #2265
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
The upcoming Iron Studios Hulk is listed at 100 pounds.

True, but it’s one ugly sculpt that does not come close to Juggs quality. This Hulk has 4 awful portraits, (talk about striking out!), skin texture is a mystery, and his traps are almost comical. The only thing I like is his bulk. Yes, he’s big. Yes, he’s cheaper. Yes, he’s heavy. So what?

Not saying that Juggs is not overpriced, or that he is the proper scale, but please make comparisons using better quality examples. Many have pointed out the value of many Prime 1 offerings compared to Juggs, where the superior sculptural quality is hyper detailed, large 1/3 scale, good paint, and similar pricing to Juggs or better! Now there’s an argument. But not with this Hulk.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #2266
Darkcross
The Spirit

It all depends on where Sideshow is pulling their measurements from similar to Thanos. For Thanos they choose a modern size which is why he looks nearly 1/3 scale. For Juggernaut they pick early appearances. According to my X-Men trading card from 1992 he is 6'10" (ie 1/4 scale would be 20.5"). Which is in line with first appearance and other 70s/80s appearances.

Modern Juggernaut from World War Hulk X-Men#3 he is the size of Hulk, which is probably 9'5" from marvel website.

If the SS Juggernaut were standing straight he would probably be somewhere in the middle or less. I am not justifying the price, my personal opinion is I think it is too much for a 6'10" Juggs, especially when you see 1/3 scale P1 pieces like Lobo/Superman etc which come with several switch outs, loads of detail for around the same price.
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #2267
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
True, but it’s one ugly sculpt that does not come close to Juggs quality. This Hulk has 4 awful portraits, (talk about striking out!), skin texture is a mystery, and his traps are almost comical. The only thing I like is his bulk. Yes, he’s big. Yes, he’s cheaper. Yes, he’s heavy. So what?

Not saying that Juggs is not overpriced, or that he is the proper scale, but please make comparisons using better quality examples. Many have pointed out the value of many Prime 1 offerings compared to Juggs, where the superior sculptural quality is hyper detailed, large 1/3 scale, good paint, and similar pricing to Juggs or better! Now there’s an argument. But not with this Hulk.
I was just referring to the opinion that Juggs is solid because he weighs 40 pounds. I don't like that Hulk either.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #2268
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The answer should be pretty easy for everyone on the fence: pass. Vote with your dollars. Instead, this is what's gonna happen...

1. The ES on the exclusive will be low for a Sideshow piece. May be like how the new Doomsday PF was.

2. People at that point will be calm enough to weight the pros and cons and some will decide that this is the best Juggs they gonna get in the near future and we gots to have it. Rationalization will be that costs are going up and they are making a stand...by buying it now to lock in the price???

3. The item will ship at a higher shipping cost because UPS and volume weight. People will again rant about the hobby and getting priced out.

4. We finally see if this is engineered properly because of the support points have to be legit on it, particularly at the knee. He is launching forward and the pegs gotta be thick and solid. Some people will feel it's not balanced and blow it out of proportion like the Jim Lee Batman from Prime 1.

5. Comparisons to Thanos on Throne with it's size and lightup feature and the latest Prime 1 1/3 scale statue that ships around that time. We all hear about how Juggs is just not worth the price. Some defend their purchase while others state that it's small and prone to leaning.
This should be stickied.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #2269
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post

As both are prototypes, I don't think there's a legitimate quality argument to be made yet.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #2270
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
As both are prototypes, I don't think there's a legitimate quality argument to be made yet.

To each his own, but for myself, it’s not even close. Even if Hulk production matched prototype, and SS Juggs had slight QC/production issues, Juggs would still come out on top in every way. Not defending SS production/qc screw-ups, but again, for me, no contest.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote