Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Need some help.

I just bought a wolverine statue off eBay and it seemed a little sketchy because the edition number was taken off the box on both sides. Then I opened the statue and the bottom of the base has no edition numbers, instead had what was written there erased, I can not make out what it said. Has anyone ever seen Sideshow send a statue with something written on the base instead of the ES. Maybe a replacement base? This is supposed to be a new statue only opened to inspect (which is obviously a lie).

jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I mean it’s obviously not normal, I guess I just don’t know what kind of recourse you’ll have.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Man I would contact sideshow, while its possibly a replaced piece from them, I've never seen anything like that, however if it was a Chinese knock off I think it wouldn't even have a number, but I'm not sure
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I doubt Sideshow would even offer support for it since it wasn't purchased through them. They'll most likely refer you to the place you bought from, in this case, Ebay. Is there anything wrong with it other than the ES being removed? If you are not happy with it and it differed from the description or pictures of the listing, your best recourse would be Ebay's Money Back Guarantee and open a case with them. It's always so risky buying these from Ebay. Goodluck... I hope it works out for you.
DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Thanks, I plan on contacting them but I have never seen this before. There were obviously words written on the bottom where the ES should be. I just didn't know if this was something Sideshow ever does for replacements or other circumstances.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

What I would contact sideshow about is if they have ever sold a returned statue with a damaged base that maybe they used a replacement base with no number, it's possible, and I think sideshow would help you with at least that question, I've ask them some pretty random questions and they usually try to answer them
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It’s hard to imagine a statue that is years old was “only opened to inspect.”

And I agree with the previous post; that’s really the only help Sideshow could give you. And even then it’s not like it’s a guarantee or something you could definitevly attach to this one.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #8
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Looks like it says prod sample
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I doubt SS will do anything for you. Just contact the seller and if they won't work something out with your file a claim. As a buyer you have a lot more power than the seller. As a seller myself BS like this annoys me because it feeds into a negative narrative that we're all shysters.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #10
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I would not ask Sideshow to help with any issues. However, I do plan on asking them if they ever send something like this to a customer for a particular reason.

I did send the seller a message asking about everything, I just wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced this before from Sideshow. I personally have never had to replace any of my pieces from them, so I don't know what they do to replace only a base.