Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-31-2018, 12:13 AM   #711
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
HEY! What's wrong with pirate boots!!???!!!

Quote:
Nice repaint, Gothie! I never liked the New 52 BC costume, but that repaint improves it greatly. Some of the costumes worked (Katana - Simplicity in Silver), some didn't (Power Girl - w/ the "P" on her breast before she got her old costume back, more or less).
I was okay with pretty much everything...except for Poison Ivy. That design made me sad.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:58 AM   #712
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
HEY! What's wrong with pirate boots!!???!!!
There's a long tradition there. Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Dr. Midnight (female version), Dr. Mid-Nite (original version) and on and on and on. Swashbucklers RULE!!!
Nice repaint, Gothie! I never liked the New 52 BC costume, but that repaint improves it greatly. Some of the costumes worked (Katana - Simplicity in Silver), some didn't (Power Girl - w/ the "P" on her breast before she got her old costume back, more or less).
I'm glad that was just a phase and hope statues of her continue with her iconic look. I'd struggle to buy her in early New52 attire.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #713
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm glad that was just a phase and hope statues of her continue with her iconic look. I'd struggle to buy her in early New52 attire.
Well, howzabout these little numbers instead???
Click image for larger version

Name:	pg a.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	116762 Click image for larger version

Name:	pg b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	116763
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #714
Gothamite
Phoenix

JoeWorf, you really like to use that puke emoticon.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #715
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
JoeWorf, you really like to use that puke emoticon.
C'mon... look at those atrocities!!! That whole "what the hell do we do with characters that we've all but obliterated their origins" Post-Fill-In-the-Crisis era was a show. They eliminated Superboy from the timeline and the Legion of Superheroes was in freefall forever. Mon-El, Lar Gand, M'Onel, Valor, pick one. His sister, Andromeda, etc. trying to plug gaps in former continuities. Power Girl's newfound Atlantean magical lineage, ...sheesh! I think a tossing of one's cookies is justified, eh wot?
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:13 PM   #716
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
C'mon... look at those atrocities!!! That whole "what the hell do we do with characters that we've all but obliterated their origins" Post-Fill-In-the-Crisis era was a show. They eliminated Superboy from the timeline and the Legion of Superheroes was in freefall forever. Mon-El, Lar Gand, M'Onel, Valor, pick one. His sister, Andromeda, etc. trying to plug gaps in former continuities. Power Girl's newfound Atlantean magical lineage, ...sheesh! I think a tossing of one's cookies is justified, eh wot?
Did you watch Supergirl Season 3? Saturn Girl was pretty cool. I'd buy a statue in this pose.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:55 AM   #717
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I never understood why they just did not make Power Girl a Daxamite? It would have made alot more sense than some Atlantean and they still could have kept her tied to Superman in some regards.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #718
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Well, howzabout these little numbers instead???
Attachment 116762 Attachment 116763
She's had some rough patches, I doubt anyone wants those in statue form.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #719
starsapphire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Did you watch Supergirl Season 3? Saturn Girl was pretty cool. I'd buy a statue in this pose.

this reminds me that pretty much all of the legion gals are slept on by dc collectibles 24/7 i get the legion hasn't been in comics for a several years but people who like the legion are INSANE for them and would definitely buy a staurn girl/phantom girl/dream girl/shadow lass cover girl
starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #720
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Saturn Girl

I loved this Version of Saturn Girl on the Supergirl TV Show. I wish she would have used her powers more and been in the Season more. I was hoping they would either bring her back next season. Hopefully with Brainiac as series regular Mon-El and Saturn Girl will show back.
Would love a statue of the TV version or a Cover Girls comic version of her.
Still holding out for Tweeterhead to make her in the Super Powers line.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote