Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #1971
FJC
Midnighter

The new pics look perfect. Can't wait to get this and see it up close.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #1972
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Aren't blogs for pieces that haven't been put up for PO yet? Why put up a blog for a PF that has already been put up for PO?
They do usually put up a blog announcing the updated pics. Most of the time it's probably put up after the pics are updated, but I think everyone noticed the gallery update before the blog this time.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:44 AM   #1973
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I find it so odd that they would send Kelvin that ----ty unapproved Wolverine to display in his retail store, when it really looks nothing like these new pics

Wouldn't you want retailers (especially those with actual store fronts) to have what buyers are actually getting instead of a sloppy, unapproved piece?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #1974
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Your reluctance to believe the new pics are indeed the production quality we will receive is a true testament to how great this sculpt truly is, and how close to proto standard production was able to achieve. Wait till we have it in hand. You are going to die. But you’ll die happy.

Hope so ...especially since I already have the EX on order.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #1975
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I find it so odd that they would send Kelvin that ----ty unapproved Wolverine to display in his retail store, when it really looks nothing like these new pics

Wouldn't you want retailers (especially those with actual store fronts) to have what buyers are actually getting instead of a sloppy, unapproved piece?
Not that it matters all that much, but it wasn't for his store, it was for a show. I think Kelvin took some pics of it (and the the video he posted) at his store before or after the show.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #1976
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Aren't blogs for pieces that haven't been put up for PO yet? Why put up a blog for a PF that has already been put up for PO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
They do usually put up a blog announcing the updated pics. Most of the time it's probably put up after the pics are updated, but I think everyone noticed the gallery update before the blog this time.
Yup, exactly!

Hoping they put up the blog today or tomorrow and confirm that these are indeed the production pics.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #1977
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Still has the rosy cheeks though it is a little less obvious in these pics. I’d wager that these pics will be up on the blog today.
broncofan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #1978
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Some people really need to have more trust in SideShow... this "#leangate" was unnecessary drama...

With more competition and SideShow becoming more successful which is made obvious by them having their own collection and the sell out of Thanos, its awesome to see the hobby scaling up rather than fizzing out. I've also noticed it being more socially accepted by non-collectors to see them and actually want one.

Looking forward to this X-Men line from SideShow...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #1979
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Some people really need to have more trust in SideShow... this "#leangate" was unnecessary drama...

With more competition and SideShow becoming more successful which is made obvious by them having their own collection and the sell out of Thanos, its awesome to see the hobby scaling up rather than fizzing out. I've also noticed it being more socially accepted by non-collectors to see them and actually want one.

Looking forward to this X-Men line from SideShow...
It's warranted. Sideshow historically doesn't change much if anything after the proto is shown.

They've been more flexible over the last 6-months with listening to the community when we spot major issues (Magneto, Wolverine). If we didn't sing this loudly, we might be getting an unnatural leaning Wolverine.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #1980
nearmint
Phoenix

Dear Sideshow,

I'm ready for my shipping notice. Please send it immediately.

Your Pal,
Jeff
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote