Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #111
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
I'm trying to get Frank to post some updated pictures. We should have something by the end of the day per Chris
nice! i need better pics so i can decide.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #112
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yay, better pics sounds really good! I'll look forward to them
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #113
Pineapple
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
The way I see it, if you order now you get $30.00 off and you get to choose your number. So I would.
Where does it say we get to choose our number?
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #114
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Chris confirmed when I talked to him. They want to match numbers for those who have order from them directly. both my Kiani's and my Aspens Statues will have the same numbers. So I'm Stoked!!!
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #115
AspenStore
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Frank should have a posting up shortly with all details, and more.
AspenStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #116
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Don't really care if I get matching numbers, I just want to be able to get one.

Lacking the credit card is hindering me and debit just don't have enough to cover the whole cost, just hopefully it doesn't sell out before they get the payment plan function up.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #117
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

All,

A lot of misinformation on here right now. Not sure where everyone is getting their info from because it certainly isn't me. As well, I didn't think Chris was posting up the statue until later today so unfortunately not all of the information is listed, nor are all of the pics posted up. Here's the lowdown:

Price - We know how tough it is right now to buy high price point items, so we did everything we could to keep the price on this as affordable as possible. No matter how cool altering the sculpt and creating new wings would have been, the pricing on doing that was very expensive. Too expensive honestly. It was either do that and have a statue that costs well over $400 again, or try some other options that would hopefully enhance the statues appearance and make it stand out. We opted for what we thought was the best possible choice for price and affordability for all of you.

The $369.99 price is the PREORDER price. It's only going to priced at that amount for a limited time. Whoever gets their preorders in prior to the cut-off date ensures they receive the statue at that price. As of right now, that date is July 11th. Roughly a month from now. After that, the price will be $399.99.

We don't have a 'flex pay' option like Sideshow or some others, but we will be doing a payment option so you won't need to pay in full all at once if you're not able to. Essentially, it'll be a down payment of $100 and then the balance due within 45 days from the date of your preorder. We felt that was a fair and big enough window in order to put together the funds if you're so inclined to pick up our statue. So you're aware, out of the $100 deposit, $50 is non-refundable.

Availability - The regular edition Aspen statue was released in early January of this year. It's been five months since then and we've had this statue in production that entire time. We thought it'd be really cool to announce this variant and then actually have it available to you several weeks later. Pretty much everyone knew an exclusive was on the way, we even printed it on the regular edition box! My apologies to those of you who feel we should have given more notice, but we felt it'd been long enough and we wanted this statue out and available for all of you. After the Kiani fiasco and the more recent Aspen problems, getting out a really cool statue in a short time frame was something we were proud of and eager to do. We don't want to put anyone in a bind, but I'm beyond excited that this statue is here and ready to ship for those of you able to pick it up!

Shipping - As I mentioned, all 300 of these exclusives are already here in the states and just about ready to ship. We're finishing up the last of the prints and extras that come with it, but anyone ready to purchase one of these should have their statue in hand by the end of the month! Once again we didn't want to delay the release and we're so happy that we're putting one of our statues out in a timely manner for once!

Paint - As I mentioned earlier, we have more pics that we'll be posting up. By no means is this just a flat 'black' paint job or one done like a kit as a few of the negative comments have said. Our good friend Dan Cope spent a couple of weeks on this ensuring the intricacies and details of the paint were equally on par with the original. Many of the people who have seen it in person say they like it better than the original. I'll do my best to get some closer pics up asap so all of you can make a better assessment of it for yourself.

Base - With knowing a re-sculpt was out of the question, we knew we wanted to push the envelope further on the base, past what we did for the exclusive Lava Kiani. We felt the rotating colored LED spotlight was a unique option but I personally didn't want it to seem like twinkle lights at Christmas or something. That's why we took it a step further and installed a secondary 'pause' button where it allows you to pause the LED light at the color you like. Red, Blue, White, etc, you can display the statue in whatever colored fashion you'd like. We must have took 20+ videos to try and get this across, but seeing it in person is the only way to get the full effect. I know that does zero towards swaying a purchase, but we took every measure we could to ensure this statue will stand out head and shoulders above everything else out there. And yes, we put the buttons on the backside of the base so it's as simple as can be to turn it on and off and also pause and un-pause the LED light.

I'm sure I may have missed addressing a few questions and this post is already getting long enough so I'll stop here for now. I'll be around here as often as I can to answer any other questions you may have. Thanks for your time!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #118
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Frank,

Thanks for the update.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #119
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
All,

A lot of misinformation on here right now. Not sure where everyone is getting their info from because it certainly isn't me. As well, I didn't think Chris was posting up the statue until later today so unfortunately not all of the information is listed, nor are all of the pics posted up. Here's the lowdown:

Price - We know how tough it is right now to buy high price point items, so we did everything we could to keep the price on this as affordable as possible. No matter how cool altering the sculpt and creating new wings would have been, the pricing on doing that was very expensive. Too expensive honestly. It was either do that and have a statue that costs well over $400 again, or try some other options that would hopefully enhance the statues appearance and make it stand out. We opted for what we thought was the best possible choice for price and affordability for all of you.

The $369.99 price is the PREORDER price. It's only going to priced at that amount for a limited time. Whoever gets their preorders in prior to the cut-off date ensures they receive the statue at that price. As of right now, that date is July 11th. Roughly a month from now. After that, the price will be $399.99.

We don't have a 'flex pay' option like Sideshow or some others, but we will be doing a payment option so you won't need to pay in full all at once if you're not able to. Essentially, it'll be a down payment of $100 and then the balance due within 45 days from the date of your preorder. We felt that was a fair and big enough window in order to put together the funds if you're so inclined to pick up our statue. So you're aware, out of the $100 deposit, $50 is non-refundable.
Hey Frank, any idea when the payment option will be available or how we go about setting it up? Will it be an option during check out or do we have to contact the store directly?
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #120
AspenStore
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I will chime here as I check things over and confirm any more details.

As to a link for the deposit option, here you go,
https://www.aspenstore.com/ProductDe...r-excl-sta-pre
AspenStore is offline   Reply With Quote