Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 06-24-2020, 05:08 AM   #831
GrumpyBear
The InJustice League

Awesome pictures.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #832
DANIEL RAND
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I posted these same photos earlier today in the Cyclops SS group and decided to post them here also for colleagues who are about to decide which one to choose.

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #833
nearmint
Young Justice

I’m a bit stumped about which I prefer. I guess the easy answer is to buy neither.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:01 PM   #834
mva5580
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I like the XM version more, but it’s that classic SS vs XM question. Is it worth the extra cost? Questionable.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:08 PM   #835
built2shred
Phoenix
Adamantium Member

The sad thing is XM Collectors did ask XM to make the calm portrait torso more straight, so he's not hunched over so much, but they chose to ignore their customers

I still like it though... I'd give it 8/10, now if the torso was more straight up than it could have been a 9/10 or possible 10/10 if they had fixed the hair patch issue also
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #836
NorthernLadMSP
Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The sad thing is XM Collectors did ask XM to make the calm portrait torso more straight, so he's not hunched over so much, but they chose to ignore their customers
That should be their new company motto.

All jokes aside, I prefer the XM Cyclops over the SS. But, I don't know if I would spend hundreds of dollars more either (at least for Version A). Version B with the other torso is the way to go on this one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #837
SkilledButton
The Spirit

I'm probably in the minority but the screaming pose is what really pushes it over the top in XMs favor for me. I absolutely love it and if I was a fan of the more stoic look, it might be extremely close between the two (at least much closer).

The SS version looks like he's crying and for some reason once it's been pointed out to me, I can't unsee it. The two poses in the picture certainly have a lot of similarities, I'm very surprised the SS base isn't of the danger room to match some of their new X-Men line but I suppose it's more a compliment to Jean (which I think do go great together). Funny enough... at the end of gem's video I find the XM Cyclops goes more with the SS Cable than the SS version.

Ultimately comes down to if you want to spend the extra money for the additional bust, different/more unique pose and higher quality. Couldn't fault anyone from going either way.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:08 AM   #838
Tempest
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm probably in the minority but the screaming pose is what really pushes it over the top in XMs favor for me. I absolutely love it and if I was a fan of the more stoic look, it might be extremely close between the two (at least much closer).

The SS version looks like he's crying and for some reason once it's been pointed out to me, I can't unsee it. The two poses in the picture certainly have a lot of similarities, I'm very surprised the SS base isn't of the danger room to match some of their new X-Men line but I suppose it's more a compliment to Jean (which I think do go great together). Funny enough... at the end of gem's video I find the XM Cyclops goes more with the SS Cable than the SS version.

Ultimately comes down to if you want to spend the extra money for the additional bust, different/more unique pose and higher quality. Couldn't fault anyone from going either way.
I received my version B yesterday and it was so worth it for the extra bust and display stand. I was also impressed with the weight of it. And the light up visor was a nice touch! **EDIT** I have no idea why my pics come out sideways when they don't show that way in my file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2137.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	131338  

Last edited by Tempest; 06-30-2020 at 09:10 AM. Reason: commenting on how my pics attach
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #839
maximus_73
Fantastic Four

Just got mine not too long ago, and I am loving it. This is not comic accurate version as we already know - this is comic inspired version. IMO, comic version is too boring for me - too plain. If you are looking for something close to comic or cartoon version Sideshow is your choice. For me, I like this version better because:
1. Visor shape and color is separate from the costume
2. clothes and boots has more details
3. Since I don't have anything that is snow environment - Sentinel bases only

maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #840
khrisc
The X-Men

Anyone has a pic of XM Cyclops beside the old SS Jean Grey? I only saw pics beside the new one
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote