Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #141
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

That is one cool looking box. Another beast of a sculpt. If I started collecting this line, which has been excruciatingly tempting, I’d be a deadman.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #142
Atlantisatdawn

Just received him today, this statue is enormous, I was worried about his arms and weapons, but they do have a little flexibility at the tips which is good, when I opened the box I noticed the head looked crooked and was afraid it was broken since the unboxing video showed the body as one whole piece, but actually the head is removable and is magnetic, I'm not exactly sure what all materials they used on him, but he's very heavy, and looks gigantic even beside Demithyle
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #143
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Just received him today, this statue is enormous, I was worried about his arms and weapons, but they do have a little flexibility at the tips which is good, when I opened the box I noticed the head looked crooked and was afraid it was broken since the unboxing video showed the body as one whole piece, but actually the head is removable and is magnetic, I'm not exactly sure what all materials they used on him, but he's very heavy, and looks gigantic even beside Demithyle
He is REALLY big, and I have him near my Gladiator Hulk and can't decide which is more massive. Hulk looks like he may be taller with larger hands, feet and head, but Odium's upper body is crazy huge. Glad to hear yours showed up safe and sound!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #144
Atlantisatdawn

Thanks Tarksis, definitely the biggest statue I own now, wish I had the Hulk statue as well, they both look killer
Old 02-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #145
Thor57
Teen Titans

Mine came in missing one of the spikes on his calf muscle on the back leg. Also, I'm okay with the neck seam in this case because he's sewn together from parts, but, there is a noticeable gap in mine. Not sure if thats normal. Just talked to Sideshow and they got me in queue with the parts department to sort it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7C4E4690-AE4D-4BD8-AE02-5507F25D6456 (2).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	128528  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #146
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Mine came in missing one of the spikes on his calf muscle on the back leg. Also, I'm okay with the neck seam in this case because he's sewn together from parts, but, there is a noticeable gap in mine. Not sure if thats normal. Just talked to Sideshow and they got me in queue with the parts department to sort it out.
Man that sucks, mine has a gap around the neck, but it's not real bad, also I have him displayed on a short stand so I dont see up under him that much, and like you said I sorta consider since he's sewn together it's ok, but if it's a big gap they should fix that, this thing is to expensive to just settle for ok
Old 02-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #147
Atlantisatdawn

Also this is off topic, but IF the COTD continues making statues, tell me Wightshiv would not be killer!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	85219861_2970308869680429_3629202684575219712_o.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	128536  
Old 02-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #148
Tarksis
Justice League

I feel for those of you who had damaged Odiums. Gethsemane should have done a better job sewing this guy together for us. Not a fan of the mixed media loin cloth or fur tassels, so I looped them up on his side out of sight. Overall I love it! The sculpt and paint came out great IMO. He displays really well but is very deep with his lunge and weapon. His portrait is outstanding with no excessive gap at the neck seem on mine. I prefer seeing his face to the mask. He has a good weight and feels sturdy to me despite lighter materials. He locks in securely with two tabs, one large one in resin (?) and the second a steel rod. I don't have any other statues in the COTD line...just liked Odium. Finally got around to taking some pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200214_103659.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	128628   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200214_103639.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	511.3 KB
ID:	128629   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200214_103559.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	128630   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200214_103728.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	128631  
Old 02-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #149
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
I feel for those of you who had damaged Odiums. Gethsemane should have done a better job sewing this guy together for us. Not a fan of the mixed media loin cloth or fur tassels, so I looped them up on his side out of sight. Overall I love it! The sculpt and paint came out great IMO. He displays really well but is very deep with his lunge and weapon. His portrait is outstanding with no excessive gap at the neck seem on mine. I prefer seeing his face to the mask. He has a good weight and feels sturdy to me despite lighter materials. He locks in securely with two tabs, one large one in resin (?) and the second a steel rod. I don't have any other statues in the COTD line...just liked Odium. Finally got around to taking some pics.

Looks beastly good, which would be impossible to overlook in any collection. Very cool.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #150
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Looks beastly good, which would be impossible to overlook in any collection. Very cool.
Thanks Divo! Wishing our Sabertooth's would be unleashed.