Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-13-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Mad Max: Fury Road Spoiler Thread

Saw this one today.. Loved the twisted world that was presented by George Miller it was in the details one could really appreciate the Madness. I read that the movie did not use so much CGI but more stunts and you could see that, the action was more intense. It really gave the feeling of a really good 80s movie before all the crazy CGI.

The begging of the movie was really good and intense, then sadly it dropped in momentum and the end felt a little bit rusched, anotherthing that bugged me was Tom Hardys role, Mad Max was more of a suporting actor than the Main actor. The Main actor was more Furiosa and all the other women in the movie, this was one of the coolest girl power Movies Ive seen. Mad Max the character lacked depth, left one asking for more background story. I give the movie 4/5 amazing begining if it had Continued in the same pace it would have been a 5/5.... What do you say good people of SF...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Oh and the best part of the movie wich made me lol was the truck with the drums and the guitar freak, because of course you cant go in a Rampage without your own music band!.. Just awesome!!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Amazing movie. Easily my top movie of the year so far. So much fast-paced action that really looked spectacular. And I agree with you, the fact they used practical stunts made it look really awesome. I was pretty bored during some of the action scenes of Avengers 2 because it didn't look believable or exciting, so I really loved how Mad Max had more realistic, and genuinely thrilling, action sequences.

I watched this movie with no prior knowledge about the franchise (I know, I must be the one Australian who's never seen Mad Max) but I had watched an interview with Charlize Theron yesterday in which she said something along the lines of "these characters' back stories aren't important: the only thing that matters is seeing what drives them and their motivations." With that in mind, I think I really appreciated it a bit more because they really did show why Furiosa in particular was so determined.

Honestly, I only watched the movie because I had read an article about how it was the biggest feminist triumph of the year, so of course I felt compelled to watch it immediately. I have to say, it didn't disappoint on that front. There were some really strong feminist themes and I loved it - the whole women regaining their freedom against oppression was done really well. Also it was nice to see they didn't do some ridiculous scene where a small girl was able to beat up some huge guy just to prove she can - they made the girls strong in their own way and it wasn't necessarily physical (because they obviously would've been crushed by these huge, trained fighters) but it showed them in a more realistic depiction. For example, that scene where Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's character throws herself in front of Furiosa to protect her because she knew the warlord wouldn't dare shoot her. That was probably my favourite shot of the movie, it was such a powerful shot. Definitely going to watch it again.
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:46 AM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I thought it was cool that the actor who played Immortal Joe in this movie is the same actor who played Toecutter in the first Mad Max movie.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Mad Max: Fury Road 8.5/10
What an amazing ride! Very original, very visceral, totally unpredictable, and absolutely captivating. The use of practical effects made this one a joy to watch and a visual spectacle. I truly enjoyed this one far more than Age of Ultron.

And kudos to Miller for bringing us one of the strongest female characters who is not a butch, love interest, or damsel in distress but rather kicks ass and holds her own for the two hour ride.
My review from the review thread
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

So where does this movie stands in the Mad Max timeline?
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

One more week!

This is in my top 3 of anticipated events(#1 was Daredevil Netflix #2 Avengers AOU and #3 Mad Max FR)

Yeah it is above Star Wars E7:The Expendables.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #8
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Cool

I Loved It, Absolutely Gorgeous & Grotesque At The Same Time, Hardcore and a Heart Pounding Pace Throughout... The Stunt Work, Cinematography, Score, Visually Stunning (The Cars, Wardrobe Design)... Have to Say... It's Pure MAD-Ness....And Then There Was This Guy That Sums It Up........

SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #9
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
So where does this movie stands in the Mad Max timeline?
Sequel to Thunderdome/4th film chronologically.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:45 AM   #10
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenK View Post
I Loved It, Absolutely Gorgeous & Grotesque At The Same Time, Hardcore and a Heart Pounding Pace Throughout... The Stunt Work, Cinematography, Score, Visually Stunning (The Cars, Wardrobe Design)... Have to Say... It's Pure MAD-Ness....And Then There Was This Guy That Sums It Up........

Cooolest Guy evvaaaaaa