Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #21
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I agree with others here that some of the best parts are the Janet Pym as the Wasp cameo and Ant-Man vs. The Falcon.

I'd also like to add Siri playing The Cure's Disintegration album during the fight in the briefcase.
That scene was awesome! Cracked everybody in the theatre up!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #22
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

I'd also like to add Siri playing The Cure's Disintegration album during the fight in the briefcase.
Yes! Yet another great detail in that scene!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #23
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

For me, the measure of this film was that I enjoyed it from start to finish. It was a little slow to begin with, but it felt good to me throughout the film and I would definitely recommend anyone to see it, because I think they'll enjoy it. I haven't been a fan of Hank Pym since the wife beating days in the comics and the whole mental slid he took over the course of a lot of years, but Michael Douglas's Pym performance caused me to actually like him just a little more than I have for quite some time. The ironic thing is, I'm not a big Michael Douglas fan either, but, I don't know...he just seemed to do a good job with the character, in my o"pym" ion.

I look forward to seeing Ant Man and the Wasp in action in future Marvel films...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #24
moon_knight1971
Rescue

My 3rd favorite movie in the modern Marvel movie era. Winter Soldier and Avengers are the 2 I place before it. I felt the story to be adequate and the cast to be solid. Falcon's appearance blended in perfectly and was like a live action comic book moment come to life. My only complaint is how "pc" Marvel has become since GOTG. It really started with their animation initially but has wormed its way into their movies now thanks to Disney. As good as the movie was it would have been much better if they would have made Scott's daughter Cassie fatally ill like as in the comic book. His reason for stealing the suit and stealing money were all done in hopes of curing his daughter. In the movie they tamed the reason down to simple visitation rights, which to me, does not show then true heart of the character.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:26 PM   #25
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I loved it. Great character development. Everyone played their part well. I rank it right up there with Iron Man 1 and Thor. Don't get me started on comparing to GOTG as I didn't like it si Ant-man, IMO, was light years better. The comedy was was well timed and not corny or campy ( like some other Marvel Movie ). I am going back and taking my 8 yr old granddaughter.
Pretty much everything I wanted to say about it is right here. If there's one thing I hate in a movie, it's corny/cheesy comedy, and the comedy in Ant-man was perfect for a comic based film. Like bags said, I haven't seen a Marvel movie this good since the first Iron Man, the first Thor, and the Winter Soldier. Ant-Man was awesome.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #26
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
My 3rd favorite movie in the modern Marvel movie era. Winter Soldier and Avengers are the 2 I place before it. I felt the story to be adequate and the cast to be solid. Falcon's appearance blended in perfectly and was like a live action comic book moment come to life. My only complaint is how "pc" Marvel has become since GOTG. It really started with their animation initially but has wormed its way into their movies now thanks to Disney. As good as the movie was it would have been much better if they would have made Scott's daughter Cassie fatally ill like as in the comic book. His reason for stealing the suit and stealing money were all done in hopes of curing his daughter. In the movie they tamed the reason down to simple visitation rights, which to me, does not show then true heart of the character.
The change wasn't about becoming "pc". I don't see what's so politically incorrect about a little girl with cancer anyway. I think Scott's motives were changed because Marvel didn't want the movie to be that heavy (like the DC movies).
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

If toning it down a bit means I can take the kids to see it, I'm all for it. However, I definitely sympathize with those who prefer R rated films. This is one of those situations where Disney can't win. Profanity, nudity, gratuitous violence, gore, and mature themes appears to be a thing of the past with most superhero flicks. Disney wants the billions which comes with the family demographic.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #28
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Given that half of marriages end in divorce, I think the movie storyline probably touched more people than the cancer since I am sure many people are in similar situations.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #29
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Quote:
The change wasn't about becoming "pc". I don't see what's so politically incorrect about a little girl with cancer anyway. I think Scott's motives were changed because Marvel didn't want the movie to be that heavy (like the DC movies).

I agree. I don't think they were after a "toned down" movie, but something light and fun, as a movie called Ant-Man seemingly ought to be
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #30
SONICobra
Batman

what was going on with bucky at the end? "i know a guy" - to help him overcome the brainwashing?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote