Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Players quitting- Online gaming

I just don't get it. I've been playing Fight Night Champion and The Last of Us online and people give up so easily. I'm much better at the former so I understand if it's a blowout loss and they know they can't win....but I'm pretty average at TLoU and I'll see people quitting less than a minute in after dying once, I can't recall how many times my team's been down by a huge margin and coming back for the win.

I guess it's just a mindset, even if I'm getting wrecked I'll still try to put up a fight. The only thing that's really annoying is when the teams are so lopsided where the top 2 to 3 players are on the same team and there's no chance. And don't get me started on cheaters, I guess some people have no morals either lol.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I just quit playing a multi-player Star Trek game. Too many players were spending big bucks to up their ships and bases and ultimately just killed everyone else. Took the fun out of the game for me.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, I don't play any pay to win games because of that. I like an even playing field, or even a disadvantage over getting an edge. Some of the great players take it way too serious too, I've seen the best player in a game of TLoU quit right before a loss. I wish all games had a harsher quitting penalty that could separate disconnects somehow.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
BurningRage
Inhumans

I was playing someone in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a couple of years ago and lost a bunch of matches didn’t quit and when I was finally about to win he/she rage quits.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I play neverwinter on and off. I paid big bucks on that bastard pay to win game... I'm a drow warrior 'cause i'm a sucker for drows... and rides... I have 14 different rides right now, 2 of them legendary. Now i want the legendary flying carpet as my third legendary ride.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I was playing someone in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a couple of years ago and lost a bunch of matches didn’t quit and when I was finally about to win he/she rage quits.
Happened to me a lot in FIFA. Eventually I gave up on online multi player all together because of it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
supermetroid
Teen Titans

What's sad is that somehow a player like LowTierGod has a following. He's like the perfect example of not how to be. He rage quits every time he's about to lose and even made fun of a crippled guy that was schooling him in Street Fighter. Pretty pathetic individual.

I hate losing myself, but you'll never learn or get better quitting. I think the only times I've "rage quit" in Fight Night out of thousands of matches is when I get one punch KO'd after winning every round and my opponent watches all the replays lol.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Here is one: I have been playing MK11 lately. There is a type of match against a super powerful computer opponent and you have to team up with 2 other players (so it is 3 vs 1). I have had it happen 3 times now where the first two players lose and I start and one or both quit before I even die and so the match ends. Like chances are I would lose but I just sat through your losing ass dying you can't grant me the same courtesy?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #9
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Here is one: I have been playing MK11 lately. There is a type of match against a super powerful computer opponent and you have to team up with 2 other players (so it is 3 vs 1). I have had it happen 3 times now where the first two players lose and I start and one or both quit before I even die and so the match ends. Like chances are I would lose but I just sat through your losing ass dying you can't grant me the same courtesy?
Well, they're probably half your age and just got a text, so they have better things to do. Effing kids.

Hold on, gotta go. They're on my lawn...
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #10
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Well, they're probably half your age and just got a text, so they have better things to do. Effing kids.

Hold on, gotta go. They're on my lawn...