Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-04-2023, 11:29 PM   #91
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
The box is massive, and considering the high prices on P1 pieces they had on sale lately(fabok Batman, GoT John Snow, etc...) That is actually not bad(relatively).
I'd be surprised if it's bigger than the Queen Studios Venom bust box and I paid MUCH less to ship that from Spec. I figured the sword would make this a large box, but outside of that it doesn't amount to much. I just can't get behind paying this much to ship some black curtains. Sucks but I cancelled.

I just can't believe Sideshow can't get better shipping rates.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:06 AM   #92
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
I'd be surprised if it's bigger than the Queen Studios Venom bust box and I paid MUCH less to ship that from Spec. I figured the sword would make this a large box, but outside of that it doesn't amount to much. I just can't get behind paying this much to ship some black curtains. Sucks but I cancelled.

I just can't believe Sideshow can't get better shipping rates.
It is close to or bigger than that, and there is even a second large box too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:38 AM   #93
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

The boxes are huge. The base is very big (22” diameter) and heavy. The larger of the two boxes has to fit the long sword piece so that contributes to its size.

The arms are both quite heavy as well, as is the torso part that you connect the arms to.
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:06 PM   #94
Jack's Username
Nightwing

I didn't realize it was two boxes. In any event, this is a 30% increase over what Sideshow just charged for the Tweeterhead Skeletor bust, which I felt was excessive as well. I'm just surprised that they can't seem to get better rates relative to other places.

It's probably for the best. I have way too much stuff anyway and don't need any of this. Moving forward, something will have to be perfectly spectacular for me to consider paying today's shipping rates. I'm over it.

Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:29 PM   #95
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Yes, it seems there is a big price jump recently for statues, don't know why as carrier rates did not go up THAT much this year.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 01:23 PM   #96
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Sideshow wants to charge $442.24 to ship from CA to CO. I get the whole "dimensional weight" stuff, but come on, man. This is ridiculous.
Spec Fiction charged $300 from CA to NY.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote