Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2022, 02:23 AM   #391
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I'm aware. It's also his standard look, just like Colossus and Phoenix. It really wasn't a complicated question.
There is no standard look. There's basically retro, classic, and modern costumes. How is there a market for classic Cockrum/Byrne costumes for characters such as Storm, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and Wolverine but not for Cyclops? The Cockrum/Byrne costumes are not throwback costumes, they're classic costumes and obviously there's a market for them otherwise they wouldn't have released any of them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:24 PM   #392
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
There is no standard look. There's basically retro, classic, and modern costumes. How is there a market for classic Cockrum/Byrne costumes for characters such as Storm, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and Wolverine but not for Cyclops? The Cockrum/Byrne costumes are not throwback costumes, they're classic costumes and obviously there's a market for them otherwise they wouldn't have released any of them.
This is absolutely his standard look. Put Nightcrawler into google and you get image after image of red and black costume with pointy shoulders and white hands and feet (with a few minor variations). Do the same for Storm, Cyclops, and even Colossus and you do not get the Cockrum version.

Seriously, this comes out next week. It's just his look.

All this to say, you almost certainly aren't getting a Cockrum version for anyone else other than Phoenix anytime soon.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #393
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Shipping notice received. $82.50 from CA to CO. I'm afraid shipping rates are going to end my collecting days soon.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:39 PM   #394
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Shipping notice received. $82.50 from CA to CO. I'm afraid shipping rates are going to end my collecting days soon.
Be curious if SS does the same thing with this that they did with Carnage. People who POed Carnage were paying up to $100 to ship across the US. But 2 weeks after the initial orders went out, shipping was suddenly about half that price.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #395
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Agreed. Mine is $88. I don't see it getting better. Excited for this piece though
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:26 PM   #396
aa909
The Green Hornet

Same here. Shipping in a few days!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:26 PM   #397
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow, UPS Ground $94.56. I will be getting Nightcrawler eventually but ouch.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:32 PM   #398
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Hey, I'm in CO too... Also 82.50 and it'll be shipping soon. Quite shocking to get that email. I think Storm was only 60.00-ish?

You are not alone with regard to your collecting days. This will officially be my last quarter-scale from Sideshow unless they release any other new, exclusive X-Men. I only have two more pre-ordered statues left but fortunately they're for local pick-up. Then I'm finally freeeee! ...lol sh-- is too expensive to keep up. I don't make enough money for this hobby anymore. It's been fun though (mostly).
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:34 AM   #399
Straken-SWE
Hydra

$82.50 and no customs? I would take that any day of the week.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:41 AM   #400
ukshaun
Hercules

With 3250 units available, what are the odd's of Nightcrawler being offered with 20% - 30% discount in the not so distant future?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote