Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #4801
KiDD
Birdman

Do we not have mods on the site any more?
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:15 PM   #4802
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, I've been reporting them, but they keep popping back up.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #4803
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
If anyone from kotobukya is listening can you please give up the license for 1/6 scale marvel statues so that a competent company who actually cares can take it over. It's ridiculous the extremely slow cadence of statue releases coming out of koto, the constant rehash of the same characters over and over again, and lastly the insane prices koto has been demanding for their new pieces nowadays. When i see what Tweeterhead and XM Studios are doing with their 1/6 scale DC license it makes me sad and upset to see how bad koto is dropping the ball.
Just want to say I agree.. i dont care about the prices but the rate you guys deliver statues is awful. Are we going to wait another 3 years to see the Gambit statue you might be releasing before you announce you are discontinuing the line?

Please give the license to a worthy company.

Also*** you need to make sure your artists know how to sculpt teeth. Looks at Sideshow or Prime 1 for example on how to do it.. your most recent Wolverine and Cyclops statues look like they've had terrible dental work done. ***

I would gladly fork over more money for a better quality piece of art that is delivered more frequently.
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:37 PM   #4804
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

@Gonk, what is the status of the bishoujo line - specifically Marvel, DC, Horror and MLP? It feels like it's been a long time since we've seen a new reveal (besides the MLP variants).

Also, has Koto ever considered doing a classic horror line? I would love to see bishoujo of characters like Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, Bride of Dracula. Think that would be sick
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:11 PM   #4805
UnicornPegasus

Will there ever be something like an Elvira for the horror line? That just seems like a no-brainer.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:14 PM   #4806
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Yeah, Elvira and classic horror could be cool! I could get into that line if they released at a good clip.
At $80, though.
Not at $150.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:35 PM   #4807
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Would definitely like more Horror, especially the Universal Monsters. More 80's horror would be good too. Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Creepshow, Gremlins ?
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:55 AM   #4808
Vecchio1

Radio silence for way too long. What is going on Koto?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #4809
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Radio silence for way too long. What is going on Koto?
I'm still here. It's been tough finding time to chime in since I'm currently the only employee based in the US. I have a number of other responsibilities that require my attention. I also just finished attending 3 events in a row (SWC, AX, SDCC). But I'll be more active on these boards in the coming weeks and months. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:25 PM   #4810
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
@Gonk, what is the status of the bishoujo line - specifically Marvel, DC, Horror and MLP? It feels like it's been a long time since we've seen a new reveal (besides the MLP variants).

Also, has Koto ever considered doing a classic horror line? I would love to see bishoujo of characters like Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, Bride of Dracula. Think that would be sick
So our horror based Bishoujo offerings are still being actively discussed but other projects are scheduled to be announced first (like Darkstalkers was). We have something big coming up for Bishoujo which is probably at the top of many personal wish lists!