Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #621
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Got mine in, this piece is rad. Looks like a step up QC-wise from some of their recent pieces as well. Mine had a bit of gray smudging (kind of like dust) on the dark bits but it was easily fixed with an eraser.
Congrats! One of the things I noticed when I took mine out of the box was the weight this one has too. He's solid.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #622
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I get it, my shelves are getting pretty packed too.

Sorry for the delay on this, here's The McFarlane on an even plane with the Bolland so you can see the actual size difference.

He looks pretty good, very dramatic. Not a huge fan of McFarlane’s art. I am a fan of his business savvy though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:40 PM   #623
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
He looks pretty good, very dramatic. Not a huge fan of McFarlane’s art. I am a fan of his business savvy though.
His art was always hit or miss for me, sometime it was good, sometime it was just overdone.

As far as he goes I think at times he can be a jerk, but I have to respect what he's done for himself and comics. He did what all creatives want to do, have an idea and live off that idea. Of course along the way he changed the course of how comic artists and writers are seen and redefined the toy industry.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:27 PM   #624
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Still freaking waiting. This will be the last time I order from deepdiscount.com I keep asking and they keep saying it's delayed.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #625
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Still freaking waiting. This will be the last time I order from deepdiscount.com I keep asking and they keep saying it's delayed.
Oh, I think I read in the Koto forum that they never come through with the product. Might want to double check that though.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #626
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
As SDguy alluded to, I wouldn't be waiting on them. I'd certainly be looking to source one from somewhere else.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #627
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
As SDguy alluded to, I wouldn't be waiting on them. I'd certainly be looking to source one from somewhere else.
That would suck. I can't imagine there being many left in stock. Though BBTS says they still have it for pre-order.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #628
SDguy

Here, this is what I was remembering: http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=deepdiscount

Oh and my B&W McFarlane is apparently on an impromptu 4 day vacation in Arizona. :/
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #629
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
I still haven’t got my in stock notice from Big Bad yet. I had to double check that I did indeed order the first release and not the second edition. I wonder now if they’re getting their order in waves.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #630
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm betting that they only did a 2nd edition due to a factory paint scew up.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote