Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-28-2022, 10:01 PM   #371
cigaro
Justice League

Was just able to grab a preorder on the solo 2B statue at BBTS which is ultimately what I really wanted. Hell yeah, im pumped!
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:17 PM   #372
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
Was just able to grab a preorder on the solo 2B statue at BBTS which is ultimately what I really wanted. Hell yeah, im pumped!
Nice! Glad to hear it.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:11 PM   #373
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

lol i missed it again.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:49 PM   #374
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just received and checked my copy today.

The good:
No problems with the portraits, which is always my biggest fear when it comes to GK statues. All faces are relatively free from conspicuous paint defects, eyeballs match intended eyesight direction, and no big ugly blobs (casting defect) in hairs. Detail and definition on A2's hair is especially impressive.

The bad:
Alot of small paint related problems on 2B's lower body. Both regular and swappable DX versions. On which area? You guessed it, you pervert, on the butt areas. Tiny drops of silver/grey paint on the butt cheeks, and some skin color got onto the silver suit lining in the pelvis regions. Kinda insulting considering the butt is a big selling point especially for the DX version. The factory and QA obviously don't care that much about customers who paid alot of money for this edition. (They are probably just too busy thinking about how much they want to **** 2B, aren't they?)

9S sword also had a pretty big drop of black paint on the golden blade. 2B's black boots also has a number of spots but luckily they are not too noticeable due to the color.

Overall:
I'd say I feel average about this set. On the one hand, the design and sculpting is phenomenal, all 3 characters are replicated beautifully and I feel 2B and A2 are made taller and leggier with even more tastier proportions than in the game. Their faces are also painted well.

On the other hand, the less than stellar paint job QA puts a sour taste in the mouth. The set is already considerably more expensive than buying 3x most other 1/4 statues, but the extra cost clearly didn't go to ensuring better quality.

If you love these characters and are able to willingly force yourself to put up with some paint job issues, then go ahead and shout "Glory to (sexy androids) mankind!" as you blow a big load of cash on the purchase. Otherwise, won't hurt to wait and see if you can get it (on discount which probably will never happen) second hand at a lower cost. Just make sure you ask the seller first for plenty of closeup 2Butt shots from all conceivable angles, no joke!

If you have no love for these characters, then I commend you for making it to the end of this review.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #375
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoex View Post

The good:
No problems with the portraits, which is always my biggest fear when it comes to GK statues. All faces are relatively free from conspicuous paint defects, eyeballs match intended eyesight direction, and no big ugly blobs (casting defect) in hairs. Detail and definition on A2's hair is especially impressive.

The bad:
Alot of small paint related problems on 2B's lower body. Both regular and swappable DX versions. On which area? You guessed it, you pervert, on the butt areas. Tiny drops of silver/grey paint on the butt cheeks, and some skin color got onto the silver suit lining in the pelvis regions. Kinda insulting considering the butt is a big selling point especially for the DX version. The factory and QA obviously don't care that much about customers who paid alot of money for this edition. (They are probably just too busy thinking about how much they want to **** 2B, aren't they?)

9S sword also had a pretty big drop of black paint on the golden blade. 2B's black boots also has a number of spots but luckily they are not too noticeable due to the color.

Overall:
I'd say I feel average about this set. On the one hand, the design and sculpting is phenomenal, all 3 characters are replicated beautifully and I feel 2B and A2 are made taller and leggier with even more tastier proportions than in the game. Their faces are also painted well.

On the other hand, the less than stellar paint job QA puts a sour taste in the mouth. The set is already considerably more expensive than buying 3x most other 1/4 statues, but the extra cost clearly didn't go to ensuring better quality.

If you love these characters and are able to willingly force yourself to put up with some paint job issues, then go ahead and shout "Glory to (sexy androids) mankind!" as you blow a big load of cash on the purchase. Otherwise, won't hurt to wait and see if you can get it (on discount which probably will never happen) second hand at a lower cost. Just make sure you ask the seller first for plenty of closeup 2Butt shots from all conceivable angles, no joke!

If you have no love for these characters, then I commend you for making it to the end of this review.
Sorry to hear about your paint issues. For this pricing point this statue should come with an extra set of replacement parts.

If you don't mind me asking, was your order through a dealer located in the US?

Thanks
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:09 AM   #376
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Are the swords metal? PVC?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:52 PM   #377
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
If you don't mind me asking, was your order through a dealer located in the US?
No, I bought it from an Australian based dealer. It has Chinese Square Enix stickers on it, so I think this particular stock was from the very first batch released in China, as those collectors got theirs at the end of January and it takes about 2 months to ship to Australia by sea. Timing seems about right.

How's the situation with USA stock? I heard BBTS stock is expecting long delays, how about SpecFiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Are the swords metal? PVC?
The sword blades are indeed ABS or PVC, I think even the hilt is, as I tried bending it gently and it bends too. I'm not sure about the hands holding the swords though. They look like they are molded together with the hilt, so technically they have to be the same material, but I didn't want to bend them to test.

Also, the hair, the POD claws, A2's default torso dress flaps, and 9S's necklace hanging ornament, are all PVC too. Pretty nice of them to make all those vulnerable parts PVC. I can only imagine how many collectors will experience some sort of breakage during shipping or assembly if they were all normal polystone/resin.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 11:34 PM   #378
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

[QUOTE=Xenoex;6029156]

No, I bought it from an Australian based dealer. It has Chinese Square Enix stickers on it, so I think this particular stock was from the very first batch released in China, as those collectors got theirs at the end of January and it takes about 2 months to ship to Australia by sea. Timing seems about right.

How's the situation with USA stock? I heard BBTS stock is expecting long delays, how about SpecFiction?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I ordered through BBTS. It was originally scheduled for a delivery date of January, but I'm thinking with the California port issues it may not arrive until sometime during the 2nd qtr.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:09 AM   #379
Reo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sad to hear you recieved some paint defect, Xenoex.
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #380
PK Starstorm
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoex View Post

The good:

The bad:

Overall:

Would you mind posting a few pictures of the cons? I have the regular diorama preordered and I just want to make sure they aren't so glaring that I might have buyer's remorse lol
PK Starstorm is offline   Reply With Quote