Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2022, 01:19 AM   #351
AC_808
Hercules

I'm actually glad that the total ES is 3250.

Sideshow waited so long to make a Nightcrawler PF that it was suspected it was because Sideshow thought he wasn't that popular ...or not many collectors wanted him. Sideshow needs to know that Nightcrawler is sought after.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:34 AM   #352
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I'm actually glad that the total ES is 3250.

Sideshow waited so long to make a Nightcrawler PF that it was suspected it was because Sideshow thought he wasn't that popular ...or not many collectors wanted him. Sideshow needs to know that Nightcrawler is sought after.
1000% agreed. Now if only we can see characters like Jubilee and Dazzler. No doubt that those would sell out too. Sadly all of these companies seem afraid to touch them.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:46 AM   #353
Peedi
The Secret Six

Nightcrawler is a main focus in probably the most acclaimed X-Men movie outside of “Logan”, a lot of video games (classic arcade, classic Sega Genesis, Legends, countless others), the prequel movies although they aren’t as good it’s still huge exposure, multiple cartoon shows including the Fox cartoon, Evolution and WatXM, and was a main on the team during the Claremont Cockrum/Byrne era…it’s weird to think there’d be any question about the ability to sell him. If you can sell a Colossus you can sell a Nightcrawler. Completely not surprised at this ES.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:06 AM   #354
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
1250 exclusive
2000 collectors

I was actually expecting this to be much higher.
Compared to the ES of other first timers like Magneto (1250/2500), Cable (1000,2000) and Domino (1000,2000), this is what I expected.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:25 AM   #355
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Only 250 less than Storm and has an exclusive? I'm a little shocked they didn't at least match edition size. I would say that while Storm is more popular a character, the design choice makes her less enticing than this really great, first time Nightcrawler.

I expect SS to sell plenty of these. The EX should move quickly for those on the fence once in-hand/production photos emerge.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #356
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
1000% agreed. Now if only we can see characters like Jubilee and Dazzler. No doubt that those would sell out too. Sadly all of these companies seem afraid to touch them.
Jubilee is more likely to be made before Dazzler, tho if they made a PF based on that art print they recently released of her i'd be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Only 250 less than Storm and has an exclusive? I'm a little shocked they didn't at least match edition size. I would say that while Storm is more popular a character, the design choice makes her less enticing than this really great, first time Nightcrawler.

I expect SS to sell plenty of these. The EX should move quickly for those on the fence once in-hand/production photos emerge.

Maybe its a coincidence when they match ES, doesn't happen to often. I'd go further to say Storm is so popular that people want outfits from different era's, hence why jim lee's era was passable to some.

If you collect this line Nightcrawler is not passable, to me he's a must. I think he's one of the best in the line.

Wonder who the next in the line is going to be, tho this year we got Pheonix/Jean dio, Samurai Wolverine and Psylocke. None of those 3 really are in line, but probably in between the next pieces.

If they were looking to finish off the Blue/Gold Teams, Bishop, Archangel, Beast, iceman and Jubilee are left. Tho I doubt they will follow that order but really hope they complete them and may include a new Magik, Apocalypse, or New Magneto.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #357
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The fact an Archangel, Bishop, and Beast haven't been made is a tragedy. Iceman I can see being hit/miss with popularity. Great comic read, doesn't always make for an easy statue. Jubilee...well...she is also very hit/miss. Moreso than Iceman.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:57 AM   #358
AC_808
Hercules

They need to revisit Angel. The last one wasn't even a PF. It was 1/5 scale.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #359
Destroyous
Justice League

I got the collectors size right. That?s a fair overall ES I?d say for Nightcrawler.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #360
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

We’ll see a Fantomex or Multiple Man before any of the rational characters listed above!
Regardless - This Nightcrawler looks great. All around.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote