Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-16-2021, 09:58 PM   #251
supermetroid
Teen Titans

So how are these looking in hand? I really like their choice of X-men villains and most look good to great in pics, although I think two of the biggest are off a bit to me(Magneto and more so Juggernaut)...Also are most still available for retail? I can't seem to find the Sauron anywhere
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:42 PM   #252
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
So how are these looking in hand? I really like their choice of X-men villains and most look good to great in pics, although I think two of the biggest are off a bit to me(Magneto and more so Juggernaut)...Also are most still available for retail? I can't seem to find the Sauron anywhere
The IS juggernaut looks very good in person. Emma could of used a little better face work (IS seams to have issues with human faces but otherwise do pretty good). Sauron hasn’t been released to order yet. It is suspected that it will be an exclusive and done at only one place and based around an event (Sdcc?).
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #253
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
The IS juggernaut looks very good in person. Emma could of used a little better face work (IS seams to have issues with human faces but otherwise do pretty good). Sauron hasn’t been released to order yet. It is suspected that it will be an exclusive and done at only one place and based around an event (Sdcc?).
Don’t most of the X-Men Exclusive pieces end up on Sideshow? Just quite a bit later.

I know most if not all end up at the Australian distributor, and for the Exclusives at least they’re usually put up for preorder many months before Sideshow for some reason.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:49 AM   #254
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Don’t most of the X-Men Exclusive pieces end up on Sideshow? Just quite a bit later.

I know most if not all end up at the Australian distributor, and for the Exclusives at least they’re usually put up for preorder many months before Sideshow for some reason.
Cable and Juggs definitely did. Juggernaut lasted I think a little under a week on their site. Was not collecting these when Cable was up so I did not watch how fast he went. I heard it was super quick.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:16 AM   #255
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I own the Sentinel Deluxe #2, which includes Magneto and Juggernaut (IS uses the exact same sculpting for the Sentinel and solo proximity pieces). I also own Sideshow’s Juggernaut Maquette and their exclusive Magneto Maquette. I can definitely say that there is nothing wrong with IS’s Juggernaut.

The IS Magneto comes with a helmeted and no helmet sculpt regardless of acquisition as the solo piece or Sentinel companion. He is definitely derpy but the helmeted version helps hide it.

Because these pieces are small, it is far less devastating if the human sculpts miss the mark compared to quarter scale collecting. But there are a lot of human sculpts I am very happy with. Cable, Storm, and Psylocke are all pretty great, for example.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #256
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to decide if I should use my reward pts on these on Sideshow or 1/4 statues which I mostly have. I'm kind of tempted to just get most of the X-men villains which most look great...guess it's mostly the pose on Juggernaut that looks a bit awkward to me(his leg position), maybe in person it's better
Old 10-17-2021, 01:19 PM   #257
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi guys,
Today I picked up the 1/10th scale statues of Pyro and Omega Red and I am really impressed by the design, sculpt and paintjob on both statues.
I have taken a couple of quick pictures and will try to take some more when the weather is a bit better.

Have fun and enjoy!

You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about in the news? ... I am the worst one!
- Pyro

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #258
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

The leaders were weak. They restrained me once and lost the empire.
Now they have brought me back, a living weapon they'd once grown to fear.

- Omega Red

Rainer
Old 10-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #259
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Dragonfire... I got a %#!!@@#@ fistful of dragonfire!
- Pyro

Rainer
Old 10-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #260
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Thanks for posting pics but wow the pics are so enormous I can't really see them, same for others?