Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-12-2024, 07:54 AM   #221
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Looks like the above listing sold, Heman is going to dissapear from the secondary market. 9 sold on eBay since December
That listing is gone, what kind of He-man were those? Stand alone version (1/5 and 1/4)
or the 1/6 Riding Battlecat?

Bcs your post got the reply from Tweeterhead that there will be new improved version.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:24 AM   #222
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
That listing is gone, what kind of He-man were those? Stand alone version (1/5 and 1/4)
or the 1/6 Riding Battlecat?

Bcs your post got the reply from Tweeterhead that there will be new improved version.
It was the previously sold out, waitlisted Heman on Battlecat 1:6.

But now its back up for Pre Order on Sideshow

TH says: hurry up this is basically sold out in 4 days get your order in (so we can have a good idea on how many to order from the factory so we dont get stuck with unsold stock…cause if we are only gonna sell one run, that’s all we want to order…no more no less BUT if we feel we can make more sales on this sculpt after its sold out we will absolutely open the pre orders up again cause there is no ES on the base, so its a win-win and no one is really paying attention or monitoring this) but this is going to sell out any day now!

Then all of a sudden it magically pops up for pre order again when Chad and team reallzed they may have left money on the table. Its always a comedy show at TH, and if we believe anything they say the joke is on us.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:22 AM   #223
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
cause there is no ES on the base
Not sure what you mean by this. The ES is on the base.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:19 AM   #224
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
It was the previously sold out, waitlisted Heman on Battlecat 1:6.

But now its back up for Pre Order on Sideshow
Oh i see released 'second batch'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTweeterhead View Post
There will be a new He-Man too. Updated and even better than that one.
OK, but then there will be a new Battlecat version of this after all (maybe soon).
If it is indeed 1/6 battle armor, i do prefer this classic He-Man.

Tempting to combine with this new skeletor PO
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 02:40 PM   #225
Dandoc
Birdman

Did they not mean the 1:5 Legends He-Man by ‘new He-Man’?!
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 02:48 PM   #226
qz33
Doctor Doom

Who knows who cares. Statue companies will say whatever sounds good at the moment especially when it comes to plans.

I am to the point where I would rather myself and others get something than depend on some artificial scarcity.

Stop trusting them. Assume nothing but expect the worst.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:20 PM   #227
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Not sure what you mean by this. The ES is on the base.
My error regarding ES on base. I misspoke and was incorrect.

But not surprising and most telling you have nothing to say about this waitlisted, sold out item magically back up for pre order.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:35 PM   #228
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Who knows who cares. Statue companies will say whatever sounds good at the moment especially when it comes to plans.

I am to the point where I would rather myself and others get something than depend on some artificial scarcity.

Stop trusting them. Assume nothing but expect the worst.
Funny qz all of a sudden doesnt care I guess the PCS saga of playing PI trying to get Jerry burnt u out!

if this is what statue companies need to do to sell some more units its not looking to good long term for the company and the hobby.

I dont subscribe to the coom-by-yaa method of statue collecting, a this has been my opinion since the Bowen days on Statue Marvels.

If something is Sold Out and waitlisted, through a PRIMARY MARKET retailer, the only way the item should be available is from a cancelled order, OR some random found that got miraculously found…ect

Manufacturers have been playing pre order games to create the illusion of wild demand for a LONG TIME. it is unfortunately part of the business. I would like a low ES compared to a high ES but all of my pieces arent leaving my shelves so it doesnt matter to me. HOWEVER I dont like seeing Mickey Mouse games being played. Reopening up pre orders for a waitlisted sold out item is a new low in terms of new business solicitation. It’s sold out or it isnt. We should not accept this second run, third run, we want more $$$$ run? Are these comics from the 90s. Are these $100 DC direct statues? it sets a terrible precedent but TH doesnt care. The statue collectible market is most certainly not in a great spot because of it was TH would not be pulling these WHATEVER IT TAKES methods to make more on a sold out waitlisted only available on the secondary market item.

and this isnt a ROCKYS VAULT situation………for the Bowen boys and girls
Old 03-12-2024, 08:07 PM   #229
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The SHOGUN, just to jump in here, I see you points, but I also see the companies being cautious these days and not waiting to make wayy too many of something and then set on unsold inventory for years, at the same time, with rising prices and the new laws about filing your online sales on your taxes, it's basically ruined the resale market, so " limited edition" is really meaningless to me, because no matter how limited it is, it's gonna be hard to sell nowdays and not lose money, so I dont know what the right answer is? Mattel did a crowdfunding for the Eternia playset, after the cut off date, I guess they wanted more sales and extended it, but only the original backers got the extra action figure that came with it, I wonder if a better way for these statue companies to gauge interest would be to offer exclusive swap outs for the pre orders up to a certain date? I dont know, just thinking out loud
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 08:12 PM   #230
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
The SHOGUN, just to jump in here, I see you points, but I also see the companies being cautious these days and not waiting to make wayy too many of something and then set on unsold inventory for years, at the same time, with rising prices and the new laws about filing your online sales on your taxes, it's basically ruined the resale market, so " limited edition" is really meaningless to me, because no matter how limited it is, it's gonna be hard to sell nowdays and not lose money, so I dont know what the right answer is? Mattel did a crowdfunding for the Eternia playset, after the cut off date, I guess they wanted more sales and extended it, but only the original backers got the extra action figure that came with it, I wonder if a better way for these statue companies to gauge interest would be to offer exclusive swap outs for the pre orders up to a certain date? I dont know, just thinking out loud
I appreciate the thought provoking feedback.

I love the hobby more than any one company or any one piece.