Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-01-2024, 09:16 PM   #31
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
#120 out of 350. Overall I am satisfied with Nimue . . a couple of nitpicks I have is that she is a little glossier than I expected, not bad but noticeable . . and her right arm attaches to her body with extra skin that should not be there. Or at least the images on Sideshow hid it better. But she is small, so it is not a real concern for me. Looks great with the others.
Nice collection! I wonder if they have plans for anymore in this line??? The Belfry Bats Cheerleader & Mary Halbert are 2 I'd definitely buy, I currently only have The Pumpkin witch
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:25 PM   #32
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Nice collection! I wonder if they have plans for anymore in this line??? The Belfry Bats Cheerleader & Mary Halbert are 2 I'd definitely buy, I currently only have The Pumpkin witch
Pumpkin Witch is still my favorite . . really hope more witches are made to pair with her. Nimue has low stock on SS, so maybe there is enough of a market for more of these to be produced. Would be nice to see a few surprises around the time of SDCC.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:47 PM   #33
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

She is small but looks great in your collection aadroban! Did you order from Sideshow or Tweeterhead direct?
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:52 PM   #34
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
She is small but looks great in your collection aadroban! Did you order from Sideshow or Tweeterhead direct?
Thanks! Honestly I don't mind her being small . . box was nice and compact. I ordered from Sideshow.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:23 PM   #35
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

definitely like Pumpkin witch,
and would love something to pair with her!
Quote:
Pumpkin Witch is still my favorite . . really hope more witches are made to pair with her. Nimue has low stock on SS, so maybe there is enough of a market for more of these to be produced. Would be nice to see a few surprises around the time of SDCC.
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:19 PM   #36
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Quote:
#120 out of 350. Overall I am satisfied with Nimue . . a couple of nitpicks I have is that she is a little glossier than I expected, not bad but noticeable .
Lovely collection!

Definitely see what you mean about the skin. She was advertised as having the same matte hair and skin as Pumpkin Witch, which would have nicely contrasted with the glossy tail, but she still looks great! I'm looking forward to her arrival next week.

At 350 pieces, she has a drastically lower edition size than Witch and Island Girl. A limited piece indeed!
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:08 PM   #37
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Nimue arrived a couple of days ago and I'm so happy with her. I had a big smile on my face after unboxing and seeing the incredible job Anders did of recreating Chris' artwork three dimensionally.

In person, the skin isn't nearly as glossy as it appears in photos. Much closer to matte. The slight glossiness creates a nice effect at the corner of her eyes where oil naturally builds up on human skin. The tail and shells are glossier, so they definitely contrast nicely with her skin and hair.

my only small critisism is that the box doesn't showcase Chris' vibrant illustrations like Pumpkin Witch and Island Girl's do. I understand this is Tweeterhead's release though, so they're doing something different.

I'm so happy to add her to my collection, though I need to find an appropriate place to display her. I urge anyone who hasn't picked her up yet to do so before she sells out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240309_224626536.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	168999   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240309_224702467.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	785.8 KB
ID:	169000   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240309_224901770.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1,009.5 KB
ID:	169001  
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 02:30 PM   #38
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoMayo View Post
Nimue arrived a couple of days ago and I'm so happy with her. I had a big smile on my face after unboxing and seeing the incredible job Anders did of recreating Chris' artwork three dimensionally.

In person, the skin isn't nearly as glossy as it appears in photos. Much closer to matte. The slight glossiness creates a nice effect at the corner of her eyes where oil naturally builds up on human skin. The tail and shells are glossier, so they definitely contrast nicely with her skin and hair.

my only small critisism is that the box doesn't showcase Chris' vibrant illustrations like Pumpkin Witch and Island Girl's do. I understand this is Tweeterhead's release though, so they're doing something different.

I'm so happy to add her to my collection, though I need to find an appropriate place to display her. I urge anyone who hasn't picked her up yet to do so before she sells out!
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see this one arriving with collectors.
RealTweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 02:45 PM   #39
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTweeterhead View Post
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see this one arriving with collectors.
Have the orders from Tweeterhead direct been shipped yet? Seems like only the ones from Sideshow are showing up.

She looks gorgeous here!

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote