Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #51
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
Silicone.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Anyway, I really hope it's not made from latex.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #52
achteel
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
I wish GG would have a rep or someone post here. That person would have to have a strong chin with the things are continually brought up but I think a word from them would go a long way. Information is king in this day and age. Although people love their product, they have also lost business due to the lack of info on peoples concerns. I'm not saying they don't care or don't listen to the fans, they obviously see these things posted here. I think if people understood better the things involved or goings on, it would help their cause. We are spoiled here with direct contact to so many companies and talented artists who interact with us on a daily basis, people may feel a bit snubbed. When people see companies like Bowen Designs and Sideshow interact with us like they do, they cease to be companies and become friends, almost family. I think GG should try and make this connection. I think GG needs to humanize itself. No disrespect intended, I'm sure GG is full of wonderful people, but right now I see GG as a corporation with no face, not a friend. While I will continue to buy their product, because it is quality stuff, I have no feelings for the company itself. It's that bond I think they need to remain a "force" in this business.
Well said!
achteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #53
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I actually hear that GG are nice people. And their CSR was pretty cool to me during the Han Solo stormtrooper episode, which I just waited out and sure enough it cleared up. While I've gotten the feeling that Lucas is not the easiest company to deal with, when you consider the unbelievable amount of plastic thingamabobs, t-shirts, sheets, lunch boxes, food tie ins like cheetoes, slurpees, candy bars, happy meal toys, and every other shameless promo that came out surrounding Ep III, I can't figure out why getting a few thousand busts from a small company approved and on the market would be so difficult. It seemed like Lucas had a rubber stamp in one hand and a cash valult in the other. Plus, GG doesn't seem to be able to get clearance to produce characters as bust ups. If all the busts ups were actual busts, they'd be selling like hotcakes, and none of us would be complaining ... too much. I really hope GG. Lucas, orwhoever is gumming up the works, opens up the floodgates next year and starts producing at least 1-2 SW busts a month. That would really make everyone pretty happy IMO.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #54
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I was there and the Yoda rocked! I also really liked the chrome Vader, I love the chrome. If you put just the right lighting on it they look spectacular. I ordered a Yoda and Vader, they don't know what the future will be for these two so I ordered hoping it becomes a Con exclusive. Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex. The GG convention staff are very friendly and great to talk with. The Maul and Boba look fantastic also.
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #55
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Also asked why GG has the picture policy and they were confused as hell about what I was talking about. Someone might want to email GG and ask before we keep complaining on about it.
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #56
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's a good question too, cause they did have don't take pics of it, but while I was talking to a rep, I was also taking pics and he was just showing me all the new stuff they had going on.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #57
P1X4R
Producer

"Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex."
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #58
Korann
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrobbler
I was there and the Yoda rocked! I also really liked the chrome Vader, I love the chrome. If you put just the right lighting on it they look spectacular. I ordered a Yoda and Vader, they don't know what the future will be for these two so I ordered hoping it becomes a Con exclusive. Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex. The GG convention staff are very friendly and great to talk with. The Maul and Boba look fantastic also.
I have to agree with you on this one. I really liked how the chrome looked! If I had to choose between the Vader or the Yoda I would have to go with the Yoda! The light up saber and the sound effects sold it for me!!
Korann is offline   Reply With Quote