Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 04-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
chrisguyver
Frackin!

noob here need help

hey guys i have a sculpt that im working on and it seems that it has a cracked all away though his arm. I need help fixing that can i use super glue or will that eat away at the clay im using super sculplay. And also if some one can tell me why the reason this happens so i don't have this happen on future sculpts; please help anyone thanks.
chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguyver
hey guys i have a sculpt that im working on and it seems that it has a cracked all away though his arm. I need help fixing that can i use super glue or will that eat away at the clay im using super sculplay. And also if some one can tell me why the reason this happens so i don't have this happen on future sculpts; please help anyone thanks.
The reason it happened is probably because you didn't build up enough aluminum foil on your armature. Cracks happen when S.S. cures and it is too thick.

1. if the crack is small enough and the arm has not come off completely , fill with more Super Sculpey and put it in the oven for a few minutes (or use a heat gun) to cure it.

2. get air-curing Miliput white or Aves Epoxy-sculpt from a hobby store or the internet, crazy glue the parts back together and fill the seam with the air-drying putty. If the hobby store doesn't have either, they usually have something they can recommend to fill the crack with. They also have a good selection of glues that are an alternative (but similar) to Crazy Glue which, IMO, work better.

Good luck and post pics!
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
chrisguyver
Frackin!

thanks for the info cblakey1 i do have all that stuff here at home. i just wanted to make sure before i start to super glue it and fill it that im doing it right so i don't further the damage.
chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote