Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #451
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

lol @ punisher dynamic pose.

What are you going to have him posed swinging his bat?
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #452
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
personally ive never seen him as a "dynamic character" - sure he has moments where hes shooting on the run but i dont think that captures the essence of his character. hes more of a solemn brooding one man army
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #453
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
hes more of a solemn brooding one man army
True.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #454
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
personally ive never seen him as a "dynamic character" - sure he has moments where hes shooting on the run but i dont think that captures the essence of his character. hes more of a solemn brooding one man army
Solemn was not the only Punisher image I knew growing up...

See: Google Image Search "80s Punisher" https://www.google.com/search?q=80s+...w=1119&bih=551

My point being, I love how introspective Frank can be, but I also grew up with and love his action-hero roots. If DP can get a statue where he leaps from an explosion while firing a gun, I figured Frank would at the very least get to shoot a gun. A baseball bat is fairly far from what I was expecting.

Still, it's a beautiful piece. I'm just saying if you're experimenting with dynamic pieces these days, why is Frank, one of the first comic characters based on an action hero, the exception? (And if you think Frank wasn't originally a reaction to 80s action heroes, the bandanna should have been a dead giveaway.)

Edit: Not trying to take away from what appears to be a beautiful piece. He will go great with other static posed statues. I'm just surprised that (outside of a Bowen piece and the great Punisher vs. DD dio) no one has taken advantage of his action nature. You don't see Batman statues only looking dour...
oh... wait...
Nevermind... Carry on.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #455
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
Solemn was not the only Punisher image I knew growing up...

See: Google Image Search "80s Punisher" https://www.google.com/search?q=80s+...w=1119&bih=551

My point being, I love how introspective Frank can be, but I also grew up with and love his action-hero roots. If DP can get a statue where he leaps from an explosion while firing a gun, I figured Frank would at the very least get to shoot a gun. A baseball bat is fairly far from what I was expecting.

Still, it's a beautiful piece. I'm just saying if you're experimenting with dynamic pieces these days, why is Frank, one of the first comic characters based on an action hero, the exception? (And if you think Frank wasn't originally a reaction to 80s action heroes, the bandanna should have been a dead giveaway.)

Edit: Not trying to take away from what appears to be a beautiful piece. He will go great with other static posed statues. I'm just surprised that (outside of a Bowen piece and the great Punisher vs. DD dio) no one has taken advantage of his action nature. You don't see Batman statues only looking dour...
oh... wait...
Nevermind... Carry on.

I know what you mean. I had a similar kind of question/rant in this thread maybe a week or two ago. Most came to the conclusion that it's because of Disney. My personal opinion is that it's up to the statue company (Sideshow) and the Property holder (Disney). The reason I say this is because I see DC pieces from other companies that point firearms but not Sideshow. There's also a Netflix Punisher statue with guns a blazing from Diamond Select so I conclude that even if Marvel gave them permission Sideshow still wouldn't do it. Maybe several years ago, but not today.

Also you brought up Deadpool, but he's shooting his gun backwards in an absurd pose that's not meant to be taken seriously. Hardly something I'd want to see from The Punisher.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #456
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Also you brought up Deadpool, but he's shooting his gun backwards in an absurd pose that's not meant to be taken seriously. Hardly something I'd want to see from The Punisher.
Oh, neither would I. DP was obviously over-the-top, but considering DST was able to put out a small scale Punisher firing off rounds, I figured a larger scale wouldn't be out of the question.

However, you might be right. This could be a sign of the times and, no pun intended, some companies might be gun-shy of glamorizing a pointed firearm (Okay, some pun intended.) More than likely it's a combination of licensor and licensee.

Some day, Frank... some day...
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #457
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I decided to order the IS Punisher. It's the comic book Punisher that I want on my shelf. I may still order Sideshow's, but if the EX is weak then there's no rush to order the regular. Plus, it probably won't ship until 2020 anyway.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #458
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I agree. That's how I see him as well.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #459
Peedi
The Secret Six

Punisher shouldn’t be jumping around like Daredevil but in a world full of “Stand around Frank” statues there’s more than enough room to make at least one action Punisher like the old comics, open mouthed-glory guns-a-blazing Frank.

A lot of older art shows him actually using the guns instead of just posing with them. I think that makes a difference in perception.

Frank will take any action he needs to get the mission completed

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #460
Mister H
Gen 13

Frank is one of the very few characters that I could have two 1/4 scale versions of. An action pose would be fantastic.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote