Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-29-2021, 07:36 AM   #1701
Zinnk
Frackin!

Does anyone here have some info on the Cyborg and Harley (1/6 scale) shipping updates?

I see that Harley's estimated shipping is Q2 2021 (we're already in Q3 now) and Cyborg is estimated for Q3 this year. I fully understand what "estimated" and "subject to change" mean; but these pieces were already pushed back several times, without any reason for why that happened.

Also, some pieces that I've ordered 6 months later than these two (ex: Cyborg ordered in Oct-2019 and Darkseid ordered in April-2020) already arrived quite some time ago. There are other examples of XM pieces that were put for PO way after Oct-2019 and they were already produced and shipped. So what's the big deal with some of these older pieces that are "stuck" in production ... ?

Now, they're planning for a Green Arrow 1/6 release which is very tempting, but the lack of transparency when it comes to production and shipping is a real turnoff; there's almost 0 communication from XM on this part. Their official website hasn't been updated (the product shipment part at least) since March ...

I'm bothered by the increasing prices, I'm bothered by the shipping rates going up, etc. ... but to be honest the major thing that I simply can't understand is the lack of communication from XM's end. I fully paid for these pieces and almost two years later I'm in the dark when it comes to any news regarding them.
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:45 AM   #1702
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Last XM newsletter from June said the Harley Quinn and Cyborg 1/6 statues will be released in 3Q. 2021 The new one should be coming soon. I know that Harley arrives in europe mid / end september. She should be released soon by XM.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:45 AM   #1703
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I'm sure I'll get flack for this but it sure seems like they are ignoring 1/6 collectors all in of a sudden, now that they have a 1/4 DC licence. You can charge more for quarter scale, so I get why.... But it's still pretty ----ty. I wouldn't expect any official reply from XM on this subject either, it's been asked countless times on social media and promptly ignored by anyone from XM. Can't tell me they don't read the half dozen comments on each thread they have, hell if I read them all, I'm sure someone at the company does too. Then again, given how bad their marketing department is .... Maybe not.

It's definitely a little frustrating how they really aren't doing any push for 1/6 at all now. Even their "next up on the DC train" had NOTHING 1/6. Nada, zip, zero. A dozen or more statues, all 1/4.

People said 1/6 was dead, I argued with them. Seems I was wrong, at least based on what we've seen recently. Martian Manhunter and other missing JL pieces, don't be surprised if they get made in 1/4 only and ignored for the 1/6 line. Look no further than Supergirl, if you want proof of what they are trying to do.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:49 AM   #1704
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm sure I'll get flack for this but it sure seems like they are ignoring 1/6 collectors all in of a sudden, now that they have a 1/4 DC licence. You can charge more for quarter scale, so I get why.... But it's still pretty ----ty. I wouldn't expect any official reply from XM on this subject either, it's been asked countless times on social media and promptly ignored by anyone from XM. Can't tell me they don't read the half dozen comments on each thread they have, hell if I read them all, I'm sure someone at the company does too. Then again, given how bad their marketing department is .... Maybe not.

It's definitely a little frustrating how they really aren't doing any push for 1/6 at all now. Even their "next up on the DC train" had NOTHING 1/6. Nada, zip, zero. A dozen or more statues, all 1/4.

People said 1/6 was dead, I argued with them. Seems I was wrong, at least based on what we've seen recently. Martian Manhunter and other missing JL pieces, don't be surprised if they get made in 1/4 only and ignored for the 1/6 line. Look no further than Supergirl, if you want proof of what they are trying to do.
And at the time XM pushed out 1/6 statues one after another the 1/4 collectors complained about 1/4. They push now the new DC Comic 1/4 license, that´s true. They read every comment, i know it.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:56 AM   #1705
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And at the time XM pushed out 1/6 statues one after another the 1/4 collectors complained about 1/4. They push now the new DC Comic 1/4 license, that´s true. They read every comment, i know it.
So if they read every comment (and I agree, they do), why not put collectors minds at ease? It's a very simple thing to comment on, unless of course they aren't planning anything else 1/6... Then I understand why they wouldn't comment on it. The thing is, that's the only assumption anyone can make given the current lack of communication.

Perhaps others did complain about 1/4 but they only got the 1/4 DC license fairly recently, so of course this was never an option. But they sure pushed that 1/6 line while they didn't have a 1/4 licence and now that they do, don't care about any collectors who bought into their previous lineup. I collect any company's work if I like it, so personally I don't really care, but it's a pretty crummy thing for them to do to people who were really invested into this.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:17 AM   #1706
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
So if they read every comment (and I agree, they do), why not put collectors minds at ease? It's a very simple thing to comment on, unless of course they aren't planning anything else 1/6... Then I understand why they wouldn't comment on it. The thing is, that's the only assumption anyone can make given the current lack of communication.

Perhaps others did complain about 1/4 but they only got the 1/4 DC license fairly recently, so of course this was never an option. But they sure pushed that 1/6 line while they didn't have a 1/4 licence and now that they do, don't care about any collectors who bought into their previous lineup. I collect any company's work if I like it, so personally I don't really care, but it's a pretty crummy thing for them to do to people who were really invested into this.
The fact that they switched Supergirl to 1/4 is THE sign that the 1/6 line is dead. I’m certain Green Arrow will be the last character ever for the 1/6 line.

It’s all about money. It always is.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:00 AM   #1707
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GHeroes Europe News

Quote:
"Dear Collectors and Friends,

today we announce the official Pre-Order for the XM Green Arrow - Rebirth 1/6 scale statue here with us in europe. A Billionaire Oliver Queen uses both his wealth and his unmatched archery skills as the Justice League's battling bowman, Green Arrow.

~~~~~~~~~

Pre-Order Start: Open
Retail Price: 599,- EUR
Full Payment Price: 581,- EUR
Deposit: 150,- EUR
Edition Size: MTO (599)

~~~~~~~~~

PreOrder Green Arrow:

Green Arrow : Pre-Order - English
Green Arrow : Pre-Order - German

~~~~~~~~~

Features Green Arrow:

● Features Green Arrow in mid action, tensed but focus, he displays his agility and archery skills in a confined space.
● 2 Arrowhead switchouts: 1 explosive arrowhead, 1 normal arrowhead.
● Limited Edition: MTO (499)

~~~~~~~~~

Green Arrow has an limited edition size of MTO (Max 599), so don’t miss the chance to own him! Although he is commonly thought of by many as just a modern-day Robin Hood, the Green Arrow is so much more than that limited description would lead you to believe. Born to a life of wealth and privilege, Oliver Queen took it all for granted until tragedy struck at sea, leaving him alone on a deserted island. There, Queen had to dig deep to find out if he had the inner fortitude to survive. While stranded on this island, Oliver honed his already formidable archery skills into becoming the greatest archer ever known. Safe your Pre-Order.

~~~~~~~~~

GHeroes Shop : FAQ (English)
GHeroes Shop : FAQ (German)

~~~~~~~~~

You’ll receive an email with all further information after you secured one of the XM Green Arrow - Rebirth 1/6 statue Pre-Order.

Have a nice weekend!

Greetz
GHeroes."

Old 07-31-2021, 07:00 AM   #1708
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 07-31-2021, 07:01 AM   #1709
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 07-31-2021, 07:14 AM   #1710
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
The fact that they switched Supergirl to 1/4 is THE sign that the 1/6 line is dead. I’m certain Green Arrow will be the last character ever for the 1/6 line.

It’s all about money. It always is.
It's absolutely about money, no question... But it doesn't make what they did any less slimy. Lots of people invested into that line and now likely won't be able to finish their collections, not without going with another companies pieces. Thankfully tweeterhead is killing it lately and there's lots of other good 1/6 companies

The Supergirl switch was a pretty braisen move, but I mean it's their company and they constantly sell. As we just talked about, it's all about the money. I expect that from sideshow, I didn't really expect it from XM.... but here we are.