Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-28-2024, 05:46 PM   #51
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
....in a thread dedicated to Marilyn Monroe - my liking the subject matter probably has more relevance than you not liking the subject matter. When / if I discuss the concept, or the quality of the statue (which I haven't) it's a constructive push to get the statue to a point where I would buy it - you simply not liking the statue is about as dead end a statement as you can get, for other enthusiasts or the company itself.
Well, I believe both our views are relevant to the same degree - your liking it and my disliking it. After all, this place is called Statue Forum, not Statue Controlled Group for Marketing of Manufacturers.

Both sides of the same story count. We approach each thread of this forum differently.

Sometimes we enter it in order to talk ourselves into buying the product being offered.

Sometimes we enter it to tell ourselves not to buy it regardless of price and quality. That's the beauty of forums in general.

Everyone is free to express his or her likes and dislikes in equal intensity.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:21 PM   #52
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Well, I believe both our views are relevant to the same degree - your liking it and my disliking it. After all, this place is called Statue Forum, not Statue Controlled Group for Marketing of Manufacturers.

Both sides of the same story count. We approach each thread of this forum differently.

Sometimes we enter it in order to talk ourselves into buying the product being offered.

Sometimes we enter it to tell ourselves not to buy it regardless of price and quality. That's the beauty of forums in general.

Everyone is free to express his or her likes and dislikes in equal intensity.
Maybe we should agree to disagree.

Yes, of course you're entitled to your opinion, and of course you're entitled to share that opinion - but with your right to share your opinion, there's an equal right for others to respond to that opinion, and hold you to account for it - freedom of speech is a two way street.

While I can sympathize with your dislike for this statue, it's concept and even the source material - I can't understand why you'd waste your time returning to this thread, and commenting on something you have zero interest in.....that's normally the behaviour of troubled individuals, who do not know how to direct their energy for more positive pursuits.

There are literally thousands of products out there.....surely there's something you like.....if so, why not spend your time in those threads, being excited, enjoying your hobby and getting hyped - rather then frequenting a place that brings you nothing, and leads you to distract others from (potentially) enjoying what they're interested in.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:32 AM   #53
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

Yes, of course you're entitled to your opinion, and of course you're entitled to share that opinion - but with your right to share your opinion, there's an equal right for others to respond to that opinion, and hold you to account for it - freedom of speech is a two way street.

While I can sympathize with your dislike for this statue, it's concept and even the source material - I can't understand why you'd waste your time returning to this thread, and commenting on something you have zero interest in.....that's normally the behaviour of troubled individuals, who do not know how to direct their energy for more positive pursuits.

There are literally thousands of products out there.....surely there's something you like.....if so, why not spend your time in those threads, being excited, enjoying your hobby and getting hyped - rather then frequenting a place that brings you nothing, and leads you to distract others from (potentially) enjoying what they're interested in.....

oooooh that's not right. Are you a psychiatrist Silas?
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 01:48 PM   #54
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Agree to disagree we should, no doubt about it.

Do you mean that members of this forum should only look at threads of statues that they are most interested in and must absolutely avoid threads of statues that they are least interested in and must also refrain from commenting on those?

So, those who respond to a thread in a way that is different from yours or in a way that you can't understand are automatically "troubled individuals, who do not know how to direct their energy for more positive pursuits?".

Is that really how you feel? Is that how your mind works?

I spend my time in threads of statues that I like and also in those that I dislike, and I comment on both with equal passion, therefore fulfilling the purpose of a forum - a place where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If one is easily distracted by people's opinions that are different from his own, then one should really create his own thread and label it as "positive comments only" or "only for those who think like me".

When one enters an open thread one should fully expect to read comments and opinions of all sorts. There is no avoiding it. It would be futile to think otherwise.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as one doesn't attack the view points of others because they are different from one's own or one simply can't understand the rationale.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:27 PM   #55
ukshaun
Hercules

@Hobbyist
I think Silas Loki means it is fine to post in threads featuring a statue you dislike, and post constructive criticism.
What fails to make sense is for someone to return time and time again to complain about a statue they do not like.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 04:29 PM   #56
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Old 03-29-2024, 04:42 PM   #57
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Agree to disagree we should, no doubt about it.

Do you mean that members of this forum should only look at threads of statues that they are most interested in and must absolutely avoid threads of statues that they are least interested in and must also refrain from commenting on those?
I don't know about you, but my time is rather limited....so yes, I would definitely see personal value in prioritizing my leisure time investigating statues I'm interested in.

Quote:
So, those who respond to a thread in a way that is different from yours or in a way that you can't understand are automatically "troubled individuals, who do not know how to direct their energy for more positive pursuits?".
That's not what I'm saying, and I think you know that.

If two people who have a common interest, they can have an enjoyable exchange, even if they do not agree. On the other hand, wandering into a thread to tell everyone that you have no interest in a thing is dead end, for you and everyone around you. What is there to discuss? You're not interested, period.....nothing I could / would / should say will change that - and that's fine.

Quote:
I spend my time in threads of statues that I like and also in those that I dislike, and I comment on both with equal passion, therefore fulfilling the purpose of a forum - a place where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
But where is the exchange? What has anyone learnt from your comments beyond the fact you're not interested in Marilyn Monroe? You're acting as if your statements carry some important message that's fighting to be heard.....

Quote:
If one is easily distracted by people's opinions that are different from his own, then one should really create his own thread and label it as "positive comments only" or "only for those who think like me".
So, does that mean you post comments with the expectation of being ignored? Is that it? - of course people's comments are "distracting" - that's the whole point. That distraction" is exactly where the exchange (that you type about above) comes from - otherwise people would simply ignore your statements as if they'd never been made - maybe that's what I and others should have done - this is where the saying "don't feed the troll" comes from....and no, I'm not calling you a troll - I'm just drawing a comparison.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:06 PM   #58
Hobbyist

Like you've said, we agree to disagree. We are just two different guys approaching the threads differently. We could go on for 10 more pages and it still wouldn't get us any closer in our opinions.

There is no right way or wrong way to respond to a thread. You do what you like and I do what pleases me. We go our separate way merrily.

I enjoy this long chat with you even though we don't see thing eye-to-eye. That's what forum is for.

Let's get back to what we come here for - statues.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:04 PM   #59
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Ok please let's not flood this thread with off topic comments.
Let's keep it close to what the thread source is. If you want to debate that's fine but please do it on another thread or create one called DEBATE if it's allowed on this forum that is.

But I must say you both have good points
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:34 PM   #60
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

She's a Icon like Bruce Lee.. How many statues of Bruce have we seen in similar poses yet no one complains lol

I'm sure theres a market for the most famous blonde to ever grace this earth..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote