Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #701
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I received my EX Mumm-ra yesterday he does look awesome, i got #219/300, thankfully no flaws.

In a nutshell, I have to admit Mummra is much more cartoon accurate than Lion-o and overall he looks a bit more striking,additionally the light up function is definitely way more impressive and eye catching.
Lion-o's Thundercats emblem in his belt should be using the light up funtion as in Mumm-ra's chest. I hope the rest of Tcats will have it.

Enjoy the pics:

I have the Hard Hero Lion-O and want to get the Mumm-ra to display him with but is Lion O too small in your opinion?

Judging from your pic he might be...? Mumm-Ra always seemed gigantic compared to the Thundercats.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #702
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
I have the Hard Hero Lion-O and want to get the Mumm-ra to display him with but is Lion O too small in your opinion?

Judging from your pic he might be...? Mumm-Ra always seemed gigantic compared to the Thundercats.
Well the HH Lion-O is in much smaller scale than the PCS Mumm-ra, so Mumm-ra is is=n proportion with the PCS Lion-O and if you place them side by side they look great and complete each other.

I wouldn't say Lion-O HH is too small next to Mumm-ra but it wouldn't be displayed so nicely, in my opinion
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #703
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Your display is awesome.

The HH line is more cartoon accurate and that's why I like them. PCS Lion-O is just off to me....I might just go with HH pieces around Mumm Ra. Here's a pic of him towering over Lion-O so it may not look so bad.

chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #704
SuperJ300
Zot

All looks awesome, mine is still in the box. Just waiting for a new display case to display.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #705
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I like mine too, just kind of not like how lion o is bigger than mumm-ra.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #706
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thank you guys, Thundercats have always been my favorite cartoon, i've been building this collection for quite some time now.

However i am very frastrated PCS wouldn't make any other statue and HH canceled the line as well. This is a huge blow for the fans and after 25 years in limbo we expected a major comeback but things didn't turn out as good as expected for the cats nd their fans. This is the sore truth.

My main complain now is that i don't know if and when Thundercats will ever return...The big flop withthe 2011 Cartoon will really affect the franchise and its future
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #707
SuperJ300
Zot

I'm gutted about the line being cancelled as well, I was hoping for a movie at some point. But don't think that will happen soon.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #708
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Thank you guys, Thundercats have always been my favorite cartoon, i've been building this collection for quite some time now.

However i am very frastrated PCS wouldn't make any other statue and HH canceled the line as well. This is a huge blow for the fans and after 25 years in limbo we expected a major comeback but things didn't turn out as good as expected for the cats nd their fans. This is the sore truth.

My main complain now is that i don't know if and when Thundercats will ever return...The big flop withthe 2011 Cartoon will really affect the franchise and its future
I feel ya, Man!! It is a bummer.

I am looking into the Mega scale Mezco Line to continue building on my Thundercats collection. Here is a video review of my Lion-o that I just filmed recently:

http://youtu.be/dSuTgOV6z14

The video is a little long but I had fun with it. I shared many of your views there as well. This beloved franchise needs a reboot in movie format, really bad! This might help in introducing the story to a wider younger audience. Oh well!!...we'll see.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #709
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Would people consider this guy done in the style of the cartoon? Matching how HeMan was done in the filmation style?

Wondering how well this guy would sit next to a Skeletor...once PCS gets to him.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #710
qz33
Doctor Doom

He is very much done in the style of the cartoon. Mumm-Ra was always huge in the cartoon and very detailed just like this.

Other than being the larger scale that Lion-O is I cannot imagine this looking any better.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote