Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #6181
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In case you guys haven't been keeping up with the hottest new internet show today ( ), check out our little interview with Rocket.

http://tinyurl.com/kbpb59r
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #6182
morgs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
In case you guys haven't been keeping up with the hottest new internet show today ( ), check out our little interview with Rocket.

I watched that last night on Facebook, very good interview....... very impressed guys
Rod's place is very overwhelming isn't it HAHAHA
morgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #6183
mez

I liked it guys. Generally you used the interview to cue the visual cutaways which was nice. The video was missing some nice close ups of the Havok (which was included in picture form), it would of been nice to see some more original art but you can only fit so much in. On a side note, I was totally planning to do a Collectors corner on either New Game Plus and/or Graphic Content, and you guys have beaten me to it! Well done.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #6184
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
Howdy! I've put my action figure/collectibles collecting aside, and put most of my energy/budget into acquiring original comic art/commissions.

My list of required artists is ever-expanding, as I've got a checklist I'm going to try and fill for 2014/2015. Tim Sale is the top of my list, so don't mind getting more than a few of his pieces
Love Sale's art!
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 AM   #6185
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You know it mate!!

Also a name known around these parts, fellow collector Jason visited my place for the first time during the week, and gave me a KILLER idea for a fourth piece also!!
Warlock and Phylla-Vel? Moondragon and Mantis? Am I close? Cosmo...?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 AM   #6186
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post

Great show, guys. Am loving every episode!

Rod, your collection is totally raging! I was waiting to see more of it as the episode unfolded and feel like i still want to. I can't believe how chockers your house is!

On the collection/family balance thing, 2 observations to make:

1. Dude, can your wife please mentor mine in how to be cool about the collection bug? My wife is so much worse at dealing with far less of a collection. I'm not griping, mind you. She has lots of good points. I just think its really cool how supportive your wife is. Big props to her!
2. How do the kids go with all the glass and statues? Mine are older than yours and I could tell you some stories that didn't end well. You must have a room to keep the kids in while the collection has the run of the house, right? Lol!

Well done to you all on the great coverage of Rocket's awesome museum.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #6187
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
Great show, guys. Am loving every episode!

Rod, your collection is totally raging! I was waiting to see more of it as the episode unfolded and feel like i still want to. I can't believe how chockers your house is!

On the collection/family balance thing, 2 observations to make:

1. Dude, can your wife please mentor mine in how to be cool about the collection bug? My wife is so much worse at dealing with far less of a collection. I'm not griping, mind you. She has lots of good points. I just think its really cool how supportive your wife is. Big props to her!
2. How do the kids go with all the glass and statues? Mine are older than yours and I could tell you some stories that didn't end well. You must have a room to keep the kids in while the collection has the run of the house, right? Lol!

Well done to you all on the great coverage of Rocket's awesome museum.
Thanks Dan! And Liam and Simon

Yeah, the majority of the detolfs etc are sectioned in a room with a child proof barrier, but that said, Lila is just amazing with knowing what is not to be touched. I've never had ANY issue with little hands, touch wood.

I think part of that is because it's all been here longer than the kids so it's never been "new" or attention grabbing if that makes sense? It's just part of the furniture to them! We also have a running joke with Lila, we stole the line from one of her favorites in Beauty and the Beast, and she tells people that "Daddy's Collection is FORBIDDEN!"

Maybe the gang can come back and do a follow up episode There is certainly much much more to cover
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #6188
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Thanks for the feedback guys, Team [Insert Name Here] is always trying to top the last video.
A follow-up will also happen eventually (I still have to finish that story!), we also will definately will do one about art, count on it!
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #6189
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i dont know if youve done this before but you should record a podcast from Melb Supanova this year.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 AM   #6190
mez

Not to try to steal Ken and Co's thunder, but you should check out Graphic Content. It's a monthly comic web show http://newgameplus.tv/features/3944/...nt-episode-01/

We also do a weekly 30 min tv show (mainly on video games).
mez is offline   Reply With Quote