Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Damnation. What to do, gang? Re: an auction.

Hey guys,

Here's my "dilemma."

I've got my Faux Bronze Thor up for auction. Someone from Turkey bid on it a few days ago. A few hours after that, a statueforum member PMd me, asking if I would sell it. After a bit of thinking, I figured that I would sell it to him and would cancel the auction once he sent payment. That was agreed upon, and I was told that payment would be sent within a day. That was June 6th.

I'm still waiting for payment. I figure that if the statueforum member has changed his mind (I hope he'll let me know), I'll just sell it to the Ebay bider.

However...

The auction ends in just over 24 hours. Now, a 2nd bidder has bid. But this guy has zero feedback. I'm very wary about taking a chance with someone with zero feedback.

Damn it to Hela, this is annoying.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Can you name the SF member or PM me?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Can you name the SF member or PM me?
PM sent, Bulls.

I didn't want to name him "publicly" because I want to give him a fair amount of time to contact me and/or send payment. I wrote in a PM that I wanted to be able to cancel the auction before the 12 hour time frame.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
normally you can exclude certain bidders on Ebay, like ones without any feedback
don't know for sure, thought I read it somewhere...
good luck anyway
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
normally you can exclude certain bidders on Ebay, like ones without any feedback
don't know for sure, thought I read it somewhere...
good luck anyway
Thanks. Someone pointed out that since I'm in the States and the bidder with 0 feedback is in the States that I should be OK if I do end up sending it to him (as long as it's a confirmed address, I think...?).
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
joncorr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Dont send it to Turkey. Just don't do it. You will get scammed. There is no real way to track it good with out paying out the wazzoo in shipping. And most of those foreign bidders just say they never got it then file a claim and you lose the money and the statue.
joncorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

When I post auctions, I ship all over the world to some very interesting places. Many bidders have zero feedback, and I never had a problem with them. If anything, new Ebayers seem to bid higher. As for Turkey, I have never had a problem with them, besides one guy being a bit pushy on tracking information, which wasn’t my fault since USPS didn’t scan the forms. In fact I sold a Sideshow Venom 1:1 bust to a guy in Turkey back in December and a Bowen Marvel Girl statue around the same time.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncorr View Post
Dont send it to Turkey. Just don't do it. You will get scammed. There is no real way to track it good with out paying out the wazzoo in shipping. And most of those foreign bidders just say they never got it then file a claim and you lose the money and the statue.
Even with EMS? When I checked to see how much shipping would be to Turkey and Singapore (for the forum member), the fellow at the post office said EMS should work as far as tracking. But then again...

Man, I'm jinxed with trying to sell this. I had it up on Ebay at least two other times (maybe three) right around when THOR came out at theaters, and three of the same statue sold for between 450.00 and 525.00, ending just a few days before mine first went up. Mine was at 325.00 for the starting bid, 350 Buy It Now. I was sure that someone would have at least bid on it.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
When I post auctions, I ship all over the world to some very interesting places. Many bidders have zero feedback, and I never had a problem with them. If anything, new Ebayers seem to bid higher. As for Turkey, I have never had a problem with them, besides one guy being a bit pushy on tracking information, which wasn’t my fault since USPS didn’t scan the forms. In fact I sold a Sideshow Venom 1:1 bust to a guy in Turkey back in December and a Bowen Marvel Girl statue around the same time.
Well, that's encouraging. Thanks!

It's interesting to see the two opposite arguments.

As far as zero feedback bidders, some people are dead set against them, while others say that everyone started out at zero when they began bidding/selling.

A couple of people suggested that I send a message to the bidder with 0 feedback. I noticed that he became a member on June 4th. The auction began on June 3rd.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Well, that's encouraging. Thanks!

It's interesting to see the two opposite arguments.

As far as zero feedback bidders, some people are dead set against them, while others say that everyone started out at zero when they began bidding/selling.

A couple of people suggested that I send a message to the bidder with 0 feedback. I noticed that he became a member on June 4th. The auction began on June 3rd.
To be honest, I don’t think shipping overseas is any more secure than shipping within the United States. If anything, I’ve had only bad experiences dealing with US bidders. When I post my auctions, I don’t like to interfere with them, like contacting potential buyers and annoying them with questions…I prefer letting the auction run its course. As long as the package isn’t too large to ship to a particular country, I will leave it open for anyone to bid on it. As far as shipping overseas, most people don’t realize that the US customs form has a tracking number. There is no need to add any other additional service to confirm delivery, but of course the small fee for Delivery Confirmation isn’t a bad idea either. Take a look at my feedback and see that I shipped a lot of statues with great success and most ended up to foreign collectors located in places like South Africa, Indonesia, Greece, Thailand, and a many other places that I didn't even know existed.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote