Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 12-08-2019, 06:38 AM   #61
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
but why would you pay this amount when you can get a more accurate custom piece made for the same price, if not cheaper. Tsume has never made a Predator piece, so your taking big risk they can pull off that paint job.
Why wouldn't I? Like I say it's has a very huge WOW factor for me, I love it! It's massive and it's well done (I have seen few Max's bust at my friend's house and they are freaking amazing).
I have faith, that with him behind this project, it will be a success.
And the fact that they will assemble it in Europe and send me personal pictures of my busts, reassure me because I expect a perfect quality check!

From the price point, I don't think it expensive, it's even the opposite considering we have an half torso bust which weights 60kgs/130lbs (sic!!!) and a lot of display options. And also no customs taxes for Europe!

If I follow your reasoning, XM Studio is also making their first Predator piece...I don't like it but I'm sure it will be well done.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #62
max roudaut
Fantastic Four

Hi, more pictures of the Predator bust with a different light.
They were taken at the Tsume store Paris

max roudaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #63
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max roudaut View Post
hi max
congratulations for the work done
the impact is there,
nothing to say

I wanted to know if in the realization you have staked everything on the filmic precision or on some aspect you have opted for personal interpretation
for example, why are there no lenses in the bio helmet?
Thanks
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #64
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
hi max
congratulations for the work done
the impact is there,
nothing to say

I wanted to know if in the realization you have staked everything on the filmic precision or on some aspect you have opted for personal interpretation
for example, why are there no lenses in the bio helmet?
Thanks
Good question, would like to know the answer to this also
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #65
max roudaut
Fantastic Four

Hi , yes to me you have to appropriate a bit the Character and in the same Time stay true to this fantastic design.
Especially for Predator where so many things have been done. You try to make something a bit fresh and different.
max roudaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #66
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Hi , yes to me you have to appropriate a bit the Character and in the same Time stay true to this fantastic design.
Especially for Predator where so many things have been done. You try to make something a bit fresh and different.
thanks for answering Max

so if some aspects differ, it is for a personal artistic choice
do you plan to change some aspects of the sculpture or is the model presented definitive?

it will be a good challenge for the team to maintain overall quality at the level of the prototype shown
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #67
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I don't understand the lack of enthusiasm here.
Yes it's maybe not accurate like the Predator Cinemaquette which was very critized when it was announced.
But you know what? I had the Cinemaquette and the first SS exclusive which is considered by far more accurate.

Which one I kept after all these years? The Cinemaquette. Because even if it's not accurate, it has the WOW factor.
Every single person (collectors or non collectors) who saw it my room was amaze.

But I guess each one their preference...

And right now I'm blown away by these bust. They are huge, they have translucent resin, they have amazin sculpts, they have the WOW factor.
Moreover t's not that pricey considering the size.

For me it's a definitive buy.

PS: and for once I won't pay high shipping cost and customs taxes ^^
I think people demand super-accuracy with the Predator. Just one of those characters with a demanding, rabid fan base...

This is the first time I've seen this and it's a bit animated or "idealized" as you said in a later post. very cool piece, but not definitive enough for most critical collectors.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #68
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

ohhhhh wow, this looks pretty sick in the last 3 photos. I'm not digging the first photo of this set(that I left out) but these 3 it looks pretty outrageous.

I would've like to see the mouth and mandibles a little more closed and not super open like it's represented here...and I would've like to see sharper-pointier teeth, not so fat and dull...
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #69
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think people demand super-accuracy with the Predator. Just one of those characters with a demanding, rabid fan base...

We hear this a lot and it's 100% true for sure. But we often hear it in a derogatory manner also (Not from you here of course) Out of interest can any of us think of a fan base in this hobby that doesn't wish to see their statues as close as possible to the real characters? Excluding animated and mythos stuff etc.

This bust looks cool in terms of the body shape etc, but it is very stylised in the details. This is fine if it's what the people making it wish to go for but it's definitely not something I'd spend a huge amount of money on personally. The mask looks particularly off.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #70
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
We hear this a lot and it's 100% true for sure. But we often hear it in a derogatory manner also (Not from you here of course) Out of interest can any of us think of a fan base in this hobby that doesn't wish to see their statues as close as possible to the real characters? Excluding animated and mythos stuff etc.

This bust looks cool in terms of the body shape etc, but it is very stylised in the details. This is fine if it's what the people making it wish to go for but it's definitely not something I'd spend a huge amount of money on personally. The mask looks particularly off.
Not in terms of characters with faces but I do actually prefer properly idealized Star Wars armors on my statues.

Also for transformers there are plenty that like the G1 design, but even more who like modernized g1 design like XM does.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote