Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #291
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Nearmint said in his review of the muddy version that if this thing was 1/4, people would be flipping out. I agree. I’m starting to flip out in anticipation of my muddy version that’s coming in January.
Got a link to the review? Churr.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #292
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Isnt it just refreshing not seeing a monstrous complex rocky / rubble base. Just clean lines and the main subject being the focus. No anatomical inconsistencies to hide , just a damn fine sculpt.
I do have to agree with that
I do love all of my Tweeterhead statues however seeing a nice simple base is kind of refreshing in a way.
I wonder if Chad is going to be producing more elseworld Batman statues if they will all have a very simple bases
I Think it would look very nice and just give them a very cohesive look and a theme like he has done for the Batman and wonder woman super powers statues
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #293
Karnis
Blue Falcon

AP version arrived today...it's basically the EX with just a grey primer coat... perfect for me. Going to paint it black Kubert/ Master Race style. Not much to add, the pictures say it all, it's an excellent piece.

"You don't get it, do you boy? Turn your head and cough."

Scale comparison:
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #294
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice...congrats. Would love to see some updates when you get the paint going.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #295
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Scale comparison:
Oh nice! I was hoping to get a look at that Joker next to some TH pieces, especially since the Super Powers one is proving elusive. Definitely post painted pics.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:04 AM   #296
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Some further observations...the statue is almost all polystone except for the cape, which I believe is a direct 3D print (which is a good thing, it's lighter but more detailed). The factory was Ownage; I've gotten 3D printed fan art statue kits from them before and the cape feels just like them. The main body looks to be three pieces: upper, belt and lower. Details are sharp and all the parts and magnets fit together well. It's definitely a lot closer to true 1/6 scale than the SP line (which was consistently oversized) as you can see from the pics (it's roughly 13"). Only other slight nitpick would be the orientation of the pose, if you turn the base the wide way, he faces away from you towards his back shoulder, so you have to twist the base in a diagonal direction to get him to face forward. All you OCD base guys can relate.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #297
Mister H
Gen 13

Wow, so much smaller than the Super Powers Batman.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:34 AM   #298
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would be happy if we could get maybe some Legion of Super Heroes statues in that scale. Maybe even some Metal Men or Doom Patrol in a smaller scale at a little more affordable price.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:44 AM   #299
pdenham
Teen Titans

Interesting about the cape. However it was done, it looks like they did it right because I love the look of the texture on it in these pics.

As for the scale...yikes! Yeah, the SP's I have are all a little oversized, so can't really complain if something is finally close to actual spec.
The location I'll have it in won't be adjacent to any other statues, so it's not a big deal for me in that regard. Looks like I will need to ratchet down my expectations though, so I'm not too underwhelmed by the overall size.

After being initially a little dismissive/regretful of picking up Starfire earlier in the year, I've come to really love it and it's going to be hard to take it down to put this up. From the looks of it, it will also leave a big vacuum of empty space given how oversized SF is, in addition to being a vertical composition (which is what works best in that space I have for these scales).

I think a riser is going to be almost mandatory with this one.

What brand(s) of paint are you using on these Karnis?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #300
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Yeah, the cape has an entirely different feel and sound when you tap it. The body you can instantly tell it's polystone.

A riser is a good idea but you'll be a bit surprised by how big the base is.

You can see more work I've done on Ownage kits over at my collection room page, Alex Ross Batman and Captain America are 100% 3D printed:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166901

pdenham, generally speaking I like to use Tamiya primers, Garage Kit US Colors for flesh tones and Vallejo for everything else.