Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #21
darren1228
Zot

No switchout for the wire holding hand (just weird). And the price is 1,040 USD. Ouch that is pricey.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 08:42 AM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
No switchout for the wire holding hand (just weird). And the price is 1,040 USD. Ouch that is pricey.
Relative to Sideshow pieces, yes.

But given that our only alternative has been Iron Studios for MCU pieces, many of their pieces are in the same exact price bracket.

Heck the Iron Studios Mark 85 Deluxe was $1,200 USD (Standard was $900). And that was 3 and a half years ago.

And then you have the relatively small edition size too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 08:49 AM   #23
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Relative to Sideshow pieces, yes.

But given that our only alternative has been Iron Studios for MCU pieces, many of their pieces are in the same exact price bracket.

Heck the Iron Studios Mark 85 Deluxe was $1,200 USD (Standard was $900). And that was 3 and a half years ago.

And then you have the relatively small edition size too.
I guess I just haven't been keeping up with Queen Studios lately. They used to priced very very competitively. For example their life size Venom bust was 100USD more expensive compared to Sideshow.

I guess now they've established their brand they've upped prices as well.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #24
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I guess I just haven't been keeping up with Queen Studios lately. They used to priced very very competitively. For example their life size Venom bust was 100USD more expensive compared to Sideshow.

I guess now they've established their brand they've upped prices as well.
Well their last 3 Iron Man pieces were all around $800. But none of them had that much going on for its base, unlike this one. I'm guessing that's why the price hike.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #25
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The 1/2 scale Mark 3 should have weathering like this.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:53 AM   #26
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Not a bad ES but that flower holding hand is a little weird. I have no issues with the pose otherwise, no pieces are direct 1:1 replications of a given scene. The paint won't look that good on the final one, there are always differences, and not for the better IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #27
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well their last 3 Iron Man pieces were all around $800. But none of them had that much going on for its base, unlike this one. I'm guessing that's why the price hike.
I know that it doesn't matter to some, but we do know that QS and their ES will be pretty low if their other releases are any indication. Plus, they are more established now, so the prices are going to start reflecting their placement in the hobby even more so nowadays.

I, for one, will be here for their 1/4 line up of statues. I hope that they start to put out more statues now.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #28
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Both disappointing details.

The amount of time it takes to release a 'line' like this notwithstanding, I figured Queen would jack up the price of the last few, once they had people committed to the line. This was the last of four I was getting, so I will grumble, but bite the bullet...

EDIT: No switchout, but I wonder if the wires are removable, or bendable, at least?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #29
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

If you pester them enough on FB they might make the wires removable. Wouldn't bet on it though
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:42 PM   #30
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Both disappointing details.

The amount of time it takes to release a 'line' like this notwithstanding, I figured Queen would jack up the price of the last few, once they had people committed to the line. This was the last of four I was getting, so I will grumble, but bite the bullet...

EDIT: No switchout, but I wonder if the wires are removable, or bendable, at least?
Just seen a production pic on FB group Jason Chan. It does have a switch out, just not the hand with Iron Man holding the wires. Also, looks like the final price of this piece will be $988 and an ES of 400 pieces.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote